http://www.pama.com/products/productDetail.asp?productcode=BTP7008PB

It sure is fabulous but would it be a good device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 02:12 PM
    I've never heard of that brand before for any device, not just bluetooth headsets. If it wasan't too expensive it might be worth trying. I would make sure there's a return policy...
    07-07-09 09:16 AM
    Its seems to be from the UK. But will there be issues with it being from overseas.

07-07-09 11:09 AM
    hmmmm... what's NOT from overseas anymore?
    07-07-09 03:21 PM
    Touche! But I thought you had to make some adjustments when traveling overseas with US wireless so I wasn't sure it would work in the US.

07-07-09 03:42 PM
    I'm a little bit of a BT junkie. And I travel a lot. It's not a popular brand by any stretch of the imagination. While I didn't read any reviews on the item in question, from the looks of its description, the technology is pretty basic. I doubt there is any noise dampening, i doubt that it's using the newest BT version.

But for many people...a basic headset is enough, and it IS indeed shiny =)~

~LB
    07-14-09 07:45 AM
    Thanks for replying! I talked to a lot of people--obviously not in this thread--who are wireless professionals who said it would pair and the last was the VZW from the thread here and he didn't have nice for his estimation of the sound quality. I saw a pink JB that is not quite as interesting and the CB VZ rep said he wasn't a fan and another wireless pro has it and says its not user friendly. The CB guy said he likes his Plantronics 925 and I was originally looking at the cerise one but lost out on a couple auctions. I found a good price and was thinking of picking it up! What your BT experience since it seems to be quite a bit!

07-14-09 07:55 AM
    CB?

1. stay away from the plantronics 925. Way overpriced (unless it's come down significantly).

2. I went from a JB2 to a JB Prime. I'm actually using the "pink" one. It was supposed to be red dagnagit! but it's ok. i get a lot of curious girls asking me questions about it. hahahha. =)~

The Prime is a great headset. If you see the other threads i've posted on....I'm a big fan.

You seem to want something shiny and "fabulous". For the money...i think probably the Jawbone is your best bet in terms of looks and quality.
    Blueant Z1 is good too....but not available in colours. Z9i has red, but it's a slightly older model.

~LB
    07-14-09 08:48 AM
    CB=Crackberry

I found the Planttonics for $65.

I thought the JB was a pricey headset! I saw a few "Aliph" is that the model at prices I'd consider.

I saw on Bluetruth Plantronics was easier to use and JB has better sound quality.

Can't return your pink/red JB lol?

07-14-09 09:15 AM
    Plantronics 925 for $65? I suppose that's an ok price for it....
    Aliph is the company that makes the Jawbone. But my question is...why would you spend money on old technology and then not be happy with it when for a little bit more, you could have had the one that has new technology and have no complaints?

I find them all pretty easy to use. Quality on JB prime is superb (and it comes in your Yay Look At Me colours that you want) =)~

It would've been difficult for me to return the pink JB because they weren't offering shipping outside of US during 'pre-order' (and that's when I bought it), and so I'd have to send it back to my friend in the NYC who'd have to send it back to Aliph, who'd have to send it back to my friend in NYC, who'd have to send it back to me here.
    Besides...I have no problems with girls coming up to me to talk to me =)~

~LB
    07-14-09 09:24 AM
    Duh OK its the JB2 I was looking at! So it seems the JBP is more user friendly. I have a pink curve and and the rambling rose would have been a better match....wonder how pink that red looks...its a pricey one....I'll go do a little shopping! I'm ready for a BT!

07-15-09 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD