Simplest thing in the world
    Go to m.youtube.com help its a blue link at the end
    Last option in faq
    I see messed up video
    OPTIMIZE for your phone
    Follow the steps DONE !! JUST DID IT MYSELF
    06-25-10 07:14 PM
    With FIdo, I had to set the APN settings under options and advanced options tcp/ip i believe. Then my youtube worked fine.
    06-27-10 12:46 AM
    Simplest thing in the world
    Go to m.youtube.com help its a blue link at the end
    Last option in faq
    I see messed up video
    OPTIMIZE for your phone
    Follow the steps DONE !! JUST DID IT MYSELF
    AWESOME!

i thought some problem arose with my 9700 after my update to .714

totally saved me from trying to get a new phone, thanks a ton! i see videos on my berry now!
    07-02-10 06:59 PM
    Upgrading the firmware on my router worked for me. Just make sure you backup first.
    07-04-10 11:17 AM
    I found a fix to stream from moodio and watch youtube videos. This fix is for wifi use only which solved my problem. I found a post on Howardforums from Hitty who gave the suggestion.

hitty 10-01-2008 04:54

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had this issue with my Directors Bold

If the problem is only with wifi and not 3G/EDGE.
    On your BlackBerry, go to:
    Options / WiFi connections / Select your Hotspot / WiFi Tools / WiFi diagnostics.
    Check the "local ip address"
    Mine for example says 192.168.10.2**.
    Login to your Wireless router, and find the DMZ option.
    Add your BlackBerry's IP into the DMZ zone, enable and press save!
    Thanks! This solved my problem. Youtube worked fine at in-laws place on their wifi but not at home on mine. Not sure why DMZ would be the issue as I never configured my phone on their wifi's DMZ. But as soon as I made this change to my home network it all worked well.
    Thanks again!
    07-18-10 02:44 PM
    I tried everything I found here but tue firmware update... Kinda scared of it really...

EDIT: And so I tried to go for the firmware... which helped $h1t...

So I decided for a different approach... I have a Dlink-524 router you see, and attached to it a Thompson TG508 where I actually get my broadband from. So I told the TG508 to keep the QuickTime ports open for my Dlink to use them... And YouTube over Wi-Fi!!!!!
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-24-10 at 02:00 PM.
    07-23-10 05:46 PM
    I had the same problem with my Bold -- if I turned WiFi off, I could watch YouTube over 3G, but with it on, I kept getting an error playing video. Setting the DMZ option on your router is a sledgehammer approach, and dangerous (DHCP can change the IP address so next time your main computer could be in the DMZ!)

I figured out that YouTube mobile uses the RSTP protocol, which is the same used by QuickTime. All I did was go into my router and activate the QuickTime application. If you don't have that, just open up the following ports: Trigger port 554 (both TCP and UDP); Public ports 6970-6999 (both TCP and UDP). Make sure you exit out of your BB browser (hold down the Escape key and click Yes) and reload it after opening the ports up, otherwise it won't recognize the change.

This worked for me, I hope it works for you!
    Dinnd't work for me at least
    11-20-10 02:40 AM
    DMZ option worked great for me until the day we became a 2 blackberry household. DMZ only holds one IP. I tried another poster's Quicktime Port suggestion and this worked great. No need for DMZ option and static address on blackberry anymore.
    Had to reboot phone after I enabled the quicktime port trigger though. After that it worked fine.
    Hope this helps anyone out there with similar issues.
    05-06-11 02:31 AM
    My problem description:
    I was able to see videos through my data plan. But when i connected to wifi i was not able to see the videos.

Solution I Found:
    When we visit m.youtube.com do not login into the account which is configured with the blackberry services. Logout of the account and try loading videos. It works for me.

Why its like that:
    When you login the request goes through BIS Server, but your wifi provider doesn't support that request. When you are not logged on, the request is directly to youtube. so it plays.

Your Black_stallion
    06-24-12 04:05 AM
    The fix KingCraze suggested worked for me
    07-02-12 09:19 AM
    Download Advance OS and LED from the App World and use the memory cleaner. Check the first two options.
    Update your router if you can.
    07-18-12 07:08 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD