My bold won't stay connected to a neywork for more then 5 min. It constantly asked if I would like to connect to the network. I also cannot switch to any browser but media net. I change the browser, click save options, go back in and its still media net. Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 11:09 AM
    I would consider trying a different OS. Before I upgraded mine always went back to media net too. Have you tried a different stable connection? That will help you rule out if its the Bold or the WIFI. Note: If the WIFI requires MAC registration (and your Bold isn't on the allowed list), it will appear to be connecting, take a long time, but drop the connection. Good luck!
    05-14-09 01:26 PM
    I would consider trying a different OS. Before I upgraded mine always went back to media net too. Have you tried a different stable connection? That will help you rule out if its the Bold or the WIFI. Note: If the WIFI requires MAC registration (and your Bold isn't on the allowed list), it will appear to be connecting, take a long time, but drop the connection. Good luck!
    Yes I can't change browsers even when just on 3g I was to busy at work tonight to try the wifi there, although I never did get asked to connect to the network there. I'm on .237 right now. Did you uphgrade to .266? I think ill try that this weekend... I'm not even sure what the differences in the browsers are.. Do you have to habe hotspot browser enabled for wifi speeds? I'm usually always on the 3g network but I need to make sure this bolds working properly. Its a refurb and will definitley be sent back if its not working properly... Thanks man

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 12:12 AM
    Yes, I upgraded from stock to .266. I actually use Opera Mini as my preferred browser.
    05-18-09 03:20 PM
    If you just have the MediaNet browser, you might try logging on to the BIS and re-sending your service books. Then do a battery pull a few minutes after that. I do also echo the comment that newer OS's are much better than the stock OS for AT&T.
    05-18-09 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD