Hi, I am having problems with my wifi (which was working only 2 weeks ago)! Now it won't even switch on when I goto Manage Connections to switch it on. I've been on the phone to O2 for 50 mins over the past 2 nights and their advice now is take it to a store for a customer services rep to have a look at it. I did have an issue with my MMS messages last week and was advised to delete some service books and resend them so I'm wondering if this has caused the issue. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 05:37 AM
    Which device are you using? Did you try a battery pull? I had a issue with this on my 8900 it was reaccuring and I ended up reinstalling my OS because of it and never had the issue again. Last resort cause that's a time investment!

08-21-09 05:47 AM
    Its an 8900. Surely I don't have to reinstall my OS as you say its a bit of a pain ..... Maybe I will upgrade my OS anyway and see if this works?

08-21-09 06:12 AM
    Well for me if it happened and I did a battery pull it would fix itself when it came back on but it would still periodically do it. I ended up just reinstalling because of a list of things, but after that I never had the issue again. Although someone else may be able to give you a better solution that I can. I totally understand your reluctancy to reload an OS!

08-21-09 06:15 AM
    Thanks for your replies and help. I'll hold out in the meantime to see if anyone else has had the same issues however it may come to reinstalling a new OS ..... Now where is those 101 lectures :-)

08-21-09 07:43 AM
    You can be confidant, it is not an issue with the release software, many other 8900 are working correctly with Wifi.

Now it won't even switch on when I goto Manage Connections to switch it on. ...
    Try to enable it, then: Connections / Wifi Options. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics. Look for an error message that might give a clue why this is happening.

I suspect you are dealing with a hardware failure, replacing it under your carriers warranty will likely be the result of taking it in.

Make sure you have a backup of your data, just to be sure.
    08-21-09 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD