I have an 8820.
    If I remove the sim card, connect to my router at home or use a hotel's free wifi, is there anyway my provider can track and charge me data minutes?
    (I realize I can't make calls but I can check my web mail and do a bit of surfing.)
    Edit/Delete Message
    06-25-08 01:33 PM
    I answered your same exact question in a different thread. Please do not 'cross-post' as it is against forum rules!

I guarantee if you pose a question somewhere (in the proper place) then it will be answered in a short amount of time!

There is no need to double post on a site like CB, the user-base is amazing and will always answer your Qs

Welcome to CB!!
    06-25-08 02:48 PM
    ^^^^the big O is right, no sim no tracking, also no calling over WIFI with out sim, just Web.
    06-25-08 03:10 PM
    [QUOTE=bmcclure937;426433]I answered your same exact question in a different thread. Please do not 'cross-post' as it is against forum rules!

I guarantee if you pose a question somewhere (in the proper place) then it will be answered in a short amount of time!

There is no need to double post on a site like CB, the user-base is amazing and will always answer your Qs

Welcome to CB!! [/QU
    06-29-08 10:36 PM
    [QUOTE=berrywell;442679]
    I answered your same exact question in a different thread. Please do not 'cross-post' as it is against forum rules!

Welcome to CB!! [/QU
    Not to worry wizard, I sent the pos back to the carrier
    06-29-08 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD