If I go to Manage Connections and turn both Mobile Network and Wi-Fi on (both with green check marks) AND if I have a strong Verizon signal AND a strong WiFi signal (including bright white WiFi logo) is it AUTOMATIC that all data requests (web, email etc) will go through the WiFi?

I assume that would be the automatic, default, or even only path when both are working fine - so that the Wireless carrier reduces their load and then only needs to handle voice, leaving the WiFi free to carry the data load.

Thoughts?
    11-07-09 04:58 PM
    It wouldn't make any sense for wifi to be ignored, when on.
    11-07-09 04:59 PM
    Yes, all data transmissions will go through wifi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 05:04 PM
    If I go to Manage Connections and turn both Mobile Network and Wi-Fi on (both with green check marks) AND if I have a strong Verizon signal AND a strong WiFi signal (including bright white WiFi logo) is it AUTOMATIC that all data requests (web, email etc) will go through the WiFi?

I assume that would be the automatic, default, or even only path when both are working fine - so that the Wireless carrier reduces their load and then only needs to handle voice, leaving the WiFi free to carry the data load.

Thoughts?
    It will use the WiFi for all data except web browsing. To default that to your WiFi you have to set your default browser to your hotspot browser and then it will default to your WiFi signal.
    11-07-09 05:06 PM
    Thanks for the thoughts.
    Kind of what I guessed

Now what if you have a great (4 or 5 Bars) carrier signal, and you are way out on the fringe of your wi-fi coverage (like in the back yard) - will the hardware/software switch data to the better carrier signal - or will it stick with wi-fi as long as its on even if its weak/spotty?
    11-07-09 05:47 PM
    It will use the WiFi for all data except web browsing. To default that to your WiFi you have to set your default browser to your hotspot browser and then it will default to your WiFi signal.
    Where/how do you set default browser to hotspot browser?
    11-07-09 05:51 PM
    Where/how do you set default browser to hotspot browser?
    Options > Advanced options > Browser
    11-07-09 06:11 PM
    Thanks for the thoughts.
    Kind of what I guessed

Now what if you have a great (4 or 5 Bars) carrier signal, and you are way out on the fringe of your wi-fi coverage (like in the back yard) - will the hardware/software switch data to the better carrier signal - or will it stick with wi-fi as long as its on even if its weak/spotty?
    If it drops the WiFi signal it reverts right back to the cellular signal.
    11-07-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD