I have a Curve 8330 W/Verizon contract and Data Plan. The phone constantly locks up and the store personnel say I am running too many apps (although it still shows 17 MB). Also I am on the third phone in one year because of constant problems.
    My question is I am thinking to getting a new phone, what is the advantage to getting one with Wifi if I already have a Data Plan?
    08-09-10 07:41 AM
    It is faster and I really like having wifi on my blackberry as you get less lag. Before os 4.7 you can go and hit the blackberry button and hit switch apps and you see how much is open. You need to CLOSE everything and your phone will not have problems. If your thinking of getting a new phone get the bold 9650 it has so much ram that you can still keep everything open with no problems.
    08-09-10 08:15 AM
    Thanks for the info on the WiFi.
    My problem is not running too many apps at one time. The Tech at the store said I am trying to have too many app programs loaded on the BB. I close them out when I am not using them but he is saying that the 8330 was not designed to have that many app programs on it like weather, FB, Crackberry, google calendar, etc.
    But again thanks for the info
    08-09-10 10:37 AM
    You can always uninstall some native apps that you don't use. I recouped three megs just by uninstalling BBM.
    08-09-10 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD