Hi folks,

I got a little problem with the VPN-clients on my Blackberry Bold 9700. I want to use the wi-fi function of my Blackberry to surf the internet via the network of my university. So far so good, I can access the specific pages of my university, but I can�t get outside(like reading the supportforums here).

If I use my laptop, I have to download and install a Sisco vpn-client, type in my username and password, and it works. If I do the same with my blackberry, the vpn-clients need a lot of information, that I don�t have.

So is there a way that I can use the Blackberry the same way? I tried the three installed vpn clients on my bold, using password and username, but I can�t get a connection. I don�t use any of the mail features, neither does my university network support BES. The university made it absolutely clear, that they won�t support me regarding a Blackberry.

So now my question, is there a way to use/install any other vpn client, or should I install something else to use the net via vpn-client? Or is this impossible for me to surf the net? I thought it would be as easy as it is with my laptop. By the way, i-phones seem to work.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated!
    06-01-10 02:09 PM
    Please anyone! I want the samethning. We use Cisco VPN client on laptop but need some info on BlackBerry. How can we take out those info from laptop so we can put on BlackBerry?
    06-23-10 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD