Does anyone think that Verizon will ever really give in to offering WiFi on their devices? I understand the business reasons for not wanting to let go of customer connectivity, but WiFi is actually the missing connectivity that we all miss on Verizon phones. Some argue that Verizon coverage is so good that they always have data coverage. But even the airlines are not starting to offer WiFi on their flights, where we can't usually (at least not legally) get traditional signal.
    09-05-09 06:50 PM
    Does anyone think that Verizon will ever really give in to offering WiFi on their devices? I understand the business reasons for not wanting to let go of customer connectivity, but WiFi is actually the missing connectivity that we all miss on Verizon phones. Some argue that Verizon coverage is so good that they always have data coverage. But even the airlines are not starting to offer WiFi on their flights, where we can't usually (at least not legally) get traditional signal.
    Are you being serious? Wi-Fi wil be in Storm 2 and all BB after that. Where have you been?
    09-05-09 07:07 PM
    Are you being serious? Wi-Fi wil be in Storm 2 and all BB after that. Where have you been?
    I guess I have been sitting around waiting for you to put me in my place. Gee, I thought that all those rumors were just that, rumors. Did you see that I asked if any "really" thought... If anyone really knew for a fact, rather than as a rumor, that we would be seeing WiFi at Verizon.

If so, then some of us who do not NEED to upgrade to a Tour, might want to wait for the next wave of releases. Besides, hopefully they will work better than the initial release of Tours to boot...
    09-05-09 07:56 PM
    Verizon had already said sometime ago that after the Tour, all Blackberry devices would have wifi (I'll try to find the article). And it has already been proven that the Storm 2 has wifi, that is not a rumor in the least bit.
    09-05-09 07:59 PM
    I guess I have been sitting around waiting for you to put me in my place. Gee, I thought that all those rumors were just that, rumors. Did you see that I asked if any "really" thought... If anyone really knew for a fact, rather than as a rumor, that we would be seeing WiFi at Verizon.

If so, then some of us who do not NEED to upgrade to a Tour, might want to wait for the next wave of releases. Besides, hopefully they will work better than the initial release of Tours to boot...
    I apologize if you took my sarcasm as rudeness. I wasnt trying to be an @$$hole.
    09-05-09 10:21 PM
    Your good...ya UMA is the future ...like it or not big red will HAVE to embrace it to stay current....and remember TMO led the way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD