Hello all,

I've searched and searched, but to no avail. I cannot, for the life of me, get the damned WiFi to work...it connects to the source/router with no problem, but will not send or receive data. I've tried at several places where wifi is available, same problem. I bought my Storm2 from a guy who never registered with Verizon, he only used T-mobile. So if there was an update, the phone never got it when it happened. I had a Storm 1 for a year, so I'm very familiar with how they work. I have done everything I can think of...reloaded software, upgraded, downgraded, sidegraded, hybrids, wipes with BBSAK, securtiy wipes, with and without SIM Card installed, wifi only so no radio conflict, multiple registers of HRT, multiple resending of service books, changing APN settings, etc. Nothing works at all!! Somebody please give me new and current info, to help resolve my problem. I'm going overseas for a year in a week, would like the wifi to work properly before then. Thank you for the help you may provide.
    05-30-10 05:47 PM
    Didn't happen to ask the guy you bought it from if he had WiFi problems or even if he had it working?
    05-30-10 08:10 PM
    Hey, I'm having the same issue with my storm 9550. My phone worked fine at school on the router in my apartment, which was a linksys exactly like the one at my mothers house, but here i connect but it will not send or receive data. The same thing for my brothers 9550. I also get a DNS error when i try and connect to APP world. Someone please help because i have 0 service at home and without the wifi my phone is just a paper weight. If you are going over seas there is a chance that your wifi may work with a different router as it did for me up at school. If we are unable to get an answer i hope it all works out great for you, and good luck over there!
    Last edited by vinpunk311; 06-02-10 at 08:32 PM.
    06-02-10 08:30 PM
    It's funny, later that day, that damn thing just started working...after a week of fiddling with the thing. I had finally given up, and now it works. I think it had something to do with how long modem and router were up without a reset, and the number of devices we had connected in our house. It will last a day or 2 now before it stops connecting, then we just do a reset, and I'm good again. As far as APP world goes, on Storm 2, it defaults to WiFi. If you turn off wifi, it will connect through verizon's network.
    06-02-10 09:07 PM
    It could be a DHCP issue. If you only have, say, 10 IP addresses in the pool, and you run out of addresses it won't provide an IP address to the BB.

Remember that the router will "hold" IP addresses for a day or so, so even if you shut something down it doesn't immediately release that address for use...

Just something to check!
    06-03-10 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD