I received my Bold 9700 last friday and have been having a lot of trouble with the wifi connection. I am not sure if the wifi receiver in the phone is bad or what, but I always end up with the phone recognizing that the network is connected to the phone (shows the name of the network next to the carrier's name) while the wifi icon is grayed out. Also, the check box to the right of the Wifi connection in the "Manage Connections" folder just has a line through it rather than a green check mark. How can I remedy this?

Thanks everyone.
    11-24-09 07:13 PM
    Try, with wifi enabled, turning off your mobile connection. Give it a minute and see if wifi goes to a white logo. If so, turn your mobile connection back on. You can verify that wifi is the priority connection by going to manage connection and selecting services status.

On a different note, I assume you either used WPS setup and enter the PIN in your WPS-capable router, or manually entered your SSID and PSK?
    11-24-09 07:37 PM
    I did exactly as you said and after 5 minutes of waiting, still only a gray logo.

I used the Set Up Wifi wizard, typed in the PSK and all of that. I also tried to do it manually, neither have worked.
    11-24-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD