The wifi is a great feature for a phone just in case you need it, but it seems so slow when not using data from your provider. Maybe it will be improved connections on the next OS build.
    01-11-10 06:53 PM
    Isn't any slower for me with just WIFI.
    01-11-10 07:00 PM
    works fine for me as well. Must be user error
    01-11-10 07:38 PM
    works fine for me as well. Must be user error
    Its not. My S2 with Wifi running on my 20mbps connection or at work on T1 is slow as **** with the BB browser. I even have it set to "Hotspot" so it only works on wifi and its terrible. Even loading 256k pages, it hangs and takes forever. Im on .428. Its been reloaded from scratch twice for several reasons. The work wifi is unprotected and its still slow. This thing SUCKS>! And the opera link for the BB is all screwed up. I cant download it. Man this phone blows.
    01-11-10 07:43 PM
    It may be the signal strength with Wifi that is hurting you. I know that if i'm not sitting next to my router lol i've only got like 1-2 bars of wifi signal strength. So if your wifi strength sucks and your data isn't on then its gonna be slow-er.
    01-11-10 07:43 PM
    It may be the signal strength with Wifi that is hurting you. I know that if i'm not sitting next to my router lol i've only got like 1-2 bars of wifi signal strength. So if your wifi strength sucks and your data isn't on then its gonna be slow-er.
    I am literally sitting 8 inches from my home router.
    01-11-10 07:45 PM
    My wifi is pretty good at home...alot better than my 3G at home for sure
    01-11-10 07:47 PM
    I'm not noticing any troubles with mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 08:07 PM
    Its not. My S2 with Wifi running on my 20mbps connection or at work on T1 is slow as **** with the BB browser. I even have it set to "Hotspot" so it only works on wifi and its terrible. Even loading 256k pages, it hangs and takes forever. Im on .428. Its been reloaded from scratch twice for several reasons. The work wifi is unprotected and its still slow. This thing SUCKS>! And the opera link for the BB is all screwed up. I cant download it. Man this phone blows.
    Make sure you are NOT using the hotspot browser or wifi when going to the Opera download site. For some reason, the links only show up when your are using a data connection.
    01-11-10 08:17 PM
    No issues with mine.
    01-11-10 08:32 PM
    Funny how some folks complain about the browser on wifi. Mine has always been superfast on wifi. Even on 3g it is pretty darn quick. Wonder if it a settings issue? Maybe it really is user error?

I have no complaints with my browser or wifi. Compared to my old curve this storm rocks For sure.

01-11-10 08:38 PM
    Mind sharing some links to websites, with which you especially have this issue?
    01-12-10 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD