thats completely false but i am not going to explain it again.
    I dont want to go back and forth, but I'm 99% sure that wifi lit and 3g active defaults to 3g no matter what. VZW confirmed it to me and I have tried it myself and got vastly different speeds from wifi when the network was off. When I turn the network on and wifi is lit, it appears to run at its normal 3g speed.

With the VZ tech confirming that it defaults to 3g first, I'm much more sure now. But hey, theres always that 1% chance right?
    12-28-09 11:10 AM
    I dont want to go back and forth, but I'm 99% sure that wifi lit and 3g active defaults to 3g no matter what. VZW confirmed it to me and I have tried it myself and got vastly different speeds from wifi when the network was off. When I turn the network on and wifi is lit, it appears to run at its normal 3g speed.

With the VZ tech confirming that it defaults to 3g first, I'm much more sure now. But hey, theres always that 1% chance right?
    From personal experience I can tell you this.
    I get a strong enough 3g signal in my house for internet. If I connect my Storm 2 to WIFI through my router the connection uses WIFI. It is faster and steadier.

The same can be said for my internet connection wherever there is WIFI.

I guess I am in the one percent.

I can also tell you that sometimes Verizon and RIM tech support do not have a clue. VZ tech supports very little with blackberries. If they have a problem that is beyond their menu of answers they transfer you to RIM.

How many times has Verizon support told callers with a problem that updating your PRL will cure it? Everyone knows that doing that updates your roaming capabilities and nothing else. Just an example of tech support.
    12-28-09 02:36 PM
    From personal experience I can tell you this.
    I get a strong enough 3g signal in my house for internet. If I connect my Storm 2 to WIFI through my router the connection uses WIFI. It is faster and steadier.

The same can be said for my internet connection wherever there is WIFI.

I guess I am in the one percent.

I can also tell you that sometimes Verizon and RIM tech support do not have a clue. VZ tech supports very little with blackberries. If they have a problem that is beyond their menu of answers they transfer you to RIM.

How many times has Verizon support told callers with a problem that updating your PRL will cure it? Everyone knows that doing that updates your roaming capabilities and nothing else. Just an example of tech support.
    Gotta say I agree with you .. My experience with the WiFi has been the same ... So add me to that 1% ... And yes VZW tech support for Berry sucks ... So does RIM at times too.....
    12-28-09 03:47 PM
    Add me to the 1% I know 4 sure mines works with both on correclty
    12-28-09 04:03 PM
    lol i have already proved with a pictured how mine works...that is a big 1%
    12-28-09 04:57 PM
    Isn't there an option to set the default browser? If you set it to Hotspot Browser and are connected to both WiFi and 3G, and 3G is more powerful, will it still use WiFi?
    12-28-09 05:05 PM
    Isn't there an option to set the default browser? If you set it to Hotspot Browser and are connected to both WiFi and 3G, and 3G is more powerful, will it still use WiFi?
    using the hotspot browser HAS to use WIFI only. it will not work on the VZW network.
    12-28-09 05:20 PM
    I've been having a problem with my wifi going off and on at home. Its been going it for a few days now. Anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 07:20 PM
    you mean the wifi icon completely going away and such? or just graying out?
    12-28-09 08:04 PM
    you mean the wifi icon completely going away and such? or just graying out?
    Yeah...3G comes up and then it gets slow and bam! wifi again
    12-28-09 09:01 PM
    hey, you may all be right. I will continue to test. It would be so simple if the phone just had a place that told you what you were connected to
    12-28-09 10:38 PM
    it does!! i posted the pic like 2 pages ago...fml !!
    12-28-09 10:43 PM
    manage connections > services status...........
    12-29-09 12:02 AM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD