I'm going to be traveling abroad pretty soon and for a lot of reasons it would be super useful if I had Wifi on my storm. I know it obviously doesn't support it, but I'm wondering if maybe somewhere an adapter exists or perhaps a 3rd party wireless card I could purchase? Am I out of luck or is there something I'm not aware of?
    11-17-09 04:55 PM
    nope no adapter that is out there that works to my knowledge. Sorry
    11-17-09 05:00 PM
    As of right now there isn't BUT...

in the near future we will be seeing a microSD card with built in Wifi. The technology is already out on SD cards but will soon be released on the micro. Until then, there is no other way that I am aware of.
    11-17-09 07:10 PM
    yeah i wish...
    11-18-09 12:49 AM
    That's the only thing holding me back from buying a used storm 1,no wifi, ******** they made it without wifi. I guess it's the Storm 2 for me next year.
    11-18-09 05:30 AM
    As of right now there isn't BUT...

in the near future we will be seeing a microSD card with built in Wifi. The technology is already out on SD cards but will soon be released on the micro. Until then, there is no other way that I am aware of.
    There are already MicroSD WiFi adapters out there. They just (ironically enough) don't fit into the Storm's SD slot. And even if they did, there isn't any way to load the drivers onto a BB device to run that kind of add-on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 07:20 AM
    There are already MicroSD WiFi adapters out there. They just (ironically enough) don't fit into the Storm's SD slot. And even if they did, there isn't any way to load the drivers onto a BB device to run that kind of add-on.

How is that ironic? The slots were made that way so that people would be forced to use the cellular network to transfer data instead of Wifi.
    11-18-09 10:56 AM

Correct...
    11-18-09 11:17 AM
    if you have an unlocked s1 and travel abroad, use the local sim card from that locale, would you not be able to access the internet from your s1?
    11-18-09 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD