Hello all! I truly hope that you can help me with my issue. I am using WEP on my WIFI router and anytime my BB reboots the security type in the wifi options folder keeps reverting to pre share key mode and putting a double long line of stars. Do a
    ny of you know what is going on here? I always hit save when I change the security type back to WEP and reenter my key. How do I get it to stay in the correct mode? Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 11:50 PM
    Hello all! I truly hope that you can help me with my issue. I am using WEP on my WIFI router and anytime my BB reboots the security type in the wifi options folder keeps reverting to pre share key mode and putting a double long line of stars. Do a
    ny of you know what is going on here? I always hit save when I change the security type back to WEP and reenter my key. How do I get it to stay in the correct mode? Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Delete the profile then scan for networks and reconnect. The BB will autodetect the correct type of encryption and ask for the key.
    05-19-10 12:17 AM
    Did it, it recognizes that its getting WEP, allows me to enter the key and all is hunky-doory. Then when I reboot, it won't connect to wifi. I go to wifi options and there it is again, pre share key in security. I have this connection at the highest priority, I'm confused.

05-19-10 09:01 AM
    Did it, it recognizes that its getting WEP, allows me to enter the key and all is hunky-doory. Then when I reboot, it won't connect to wifi. I go to wifi options and there it is again, pre share key in security. I have this connection at the highest priority, I'm confused.

I am at a loss as well. I have at least 20 wifi profiles on my 9700, ranging from open to wep and wpa/2 with no issues.
    Are you running .330? I didnt have this issue with it, but you may want to try updating to .656 to see if that fixes it.
    05-19-10 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD