Can someone who has the device please post up a quick speed test between S1 with full EVDO coverage and S2 on WIFI loading 3 or 4 diff sites for comparison. I'm hearing (rumors to be sure) that the wifi on S2 is running as slow as, if not slower than the EVDO on S1. Technically this shouldn't be the case, I can't imagine that the hardware is bottlenecking the bandwidth, but I'd like to see it for myself.

Thanks.
    08-20-09 11:00 AM
    Wifi on S2 is not even close to slower than EVDO. S2 is faster in everything it does in comparison to S1
    08-20-09 11:08 AM
    Wifi on S2 is not even close to slower than EVDO. S2 is faster in everything it does in comparison to S1
    Faster than the S1 even with the new leaked (or not-yet-leaked) OS's?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 11:13 AM
    Does anyone know if the storm 2 will be Wireless N Capable??
    08-20-09 11:28 AM
    Does anyone know if the storm 2 will be Wireless N Capable??
    From what I have been told (and its early on) it's b/g compatible. As far as speed goes. It looks like its superior too
    08-20-09 11:32 AM
    Storm is already fine without wifi. I just hope they don't kill the look.
    08-20-09 11:40 AM
    its an Onyx look without the keyboard and the buttons are flat and in the screen. Side buttons are rubberized. Nothing about all that can kill the look...
    08-20-09 11:52 AM
    There are plenty of Pics and Videos of it floating around here and other places if you really want to know what it looks like. The look has definately not been killed. It has been improved to say the least.
    08-20-09 12:47 PM
    Well it must be the OS, because it took forever to load up CB with WiFi on that device. My S1 loads it up faster than that. Maybe he was in an area that was flooded with wireless users and it was dragging things down? I dunno sure did seem like it took awhile for that page to load up.
    08-20-09 12:50 PM
    Thanks Valace. I just looked at that as well. Also, other than adding a tiny bit more memory (went from 64 to 128 mg ap memory?) , I was under the impression that the specs for both the main board and mcpu were identical.

Again - I would like to see them side by side load a few pages. Maybe 2 pages each with Java on and off.
    08-20-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD