I got this problem since day one I bought 9700.. Whenever I try to activate WIFI with 3G on, my phone suddenly restarted by itself... Is this problem common?
    However the restart problem didn't happen when I turn down the mobile network connection and initiate the WIFI..
    I use the latest firmware .423 (east asia)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 11:53 AM
    I dont have this issue and I turn Wifi on and off several times per week.... Sounds like an OS issue, might want to try a wipe reload.
    01-20-10 11:55 AM
    Should use the search. I had this exact thread.

Just plug your 9700 into the computer and back it up. Then restore it to the backup file you just created. That fixed it for me.
    01-20-10 11:55 AM
    01-20-10 12:10 PM
    I dont have this issue and I turn Wifi on and off several times per week.... Sounds like an OS issue, might want to try a wipe reload.
    Ok, I guess I'll try a wipe reload... Using crackmem right?

01-20-10 12:10 PM
    Should use the search. I had this exact thread.

Just plug your 9700 into the computer and back it up. Then restore it to the backup file you just created. That fixed it for me.
    Ooops.. Sorry dude, missed your thread, well I backed up before OS upgrade and restore it afterward.. Still got the problem

01-20-10 12:12 PM
    Are you using BerryWeather by any chance?
    01-20-10 12:13 PM
    Thx a lot

01-20-10 12:15 PM
    has anyone figured out of this is hardware or software related? I have seen this problem come up a few times
    01-20-10 12:26 PM
    has anyone figured out of this is hardware or software related? I have seen this problem come up a few times
    I thought I'd sorted my problem with a new router... but it still happens on the odd occassion.

I've tried nearly every OS available, so it's definitely not that.

It happened so randomly that I doubt it's a hardware issue.

I was almost certain it was BerryWeather causing the issue, so I downgraded to the free BeWeather version the other day, and it hasn't happened since.
    I also deleted all of my old 'non-OS 5.0' themes too, so that could have been the cause
    01-20-10 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD