the absence of wifi is truly a deficiency. speed and responsiveness are important. that is hard to achieve inside some buildings. also, for those that pay for data by the byte, wifi is critical to keeping costs under control.
    07-28-09 11:44 PM
    The only reason I like WIFI on my 8900 is because T-Mobile's network plain sucks and I need UMA to be able to use my phone at home. When I'm going to be out for the day I turn off WIFI because for the mobile browsing I do I can't see a difference between EDGE vs. WIFI. Who really does browsing on their phone that requires a broadband speed WIFI connection? I know I don't....
    07-29-09 12:42 AM
    I like Wi-Fi for fast Web browsing. A local bar I go to has Wi-Fi. So does a local coffee shop. I'll take my laptop to the coffee shop, but therw is no way I'll take a computer to a bar. I can surf the Web fast on my BB in the bar without worrying that somebody will spill a drink on my laptop. No worries about clumsy customers in the coffee shop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Seriously! Bars must be a bit different where you come from, because there is little web surfing going on in my local bars! lol.
    07-29-09 07:43 AM
    There has to be about 50 to 100 posts about this topic. WiFi should be on all world phones. Yes, the Tour is a world phone. Living in only the USA and not traveling, you may not need WiFi. However if you're in the far corners of Peru where cell phone coverage is sketchy, a local WiFi connection in the center of town may be your only resource to connect back home. Not to mention that WiFi will not charge you for roaming .
    ok! i agree with this guy. when you have wifi you can do anything with free.
    07-29-09 07:52 AM
    Thanks for all the input...
    07-29-09 10:19 PM
    It is easier to use wifi on your phone while on a plane than to have to whip out your laptop. Your phone you can just take out of your coat pocket and voila! You're on the internet...

A laptop? Standup (let folks think you're a terrorist for a second), grab your bag (they're still watching you), sit down with your bag and begin to open it (now they're REALLY watching you) and take out this electronic device... (they're watching you), turn it on and wait for it to boot up (they're thinking of ganging up on you), then they see your desktop and it has a picture of Chuck Norris... (they all sigh and go about their business).

A laptop is way too much work... I'd rather just whip out my phone and surf and check a few emails.
    07-29-09 11:17 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD