I use a limited data plan with TM. When I'm home I can aceess a wifi signal (for free!). When I do this I turn off my network (TM) and Just have the wifi connection on. The problem is that I can't access any of my desktop/home shortcut buttons for gmail, BB app world etc - I get the msg that "the radio is turned off". I can't understand why I can access the web but not these desktop shortcuts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 04:35 PM
    I read in another thread that the latest version of Appworld only connects via mobile internet, wifi won't work anymore apparently. As to the rest - is this wifi connection yours? It may be that it's unsecured LAN only (stupid) and doesn't have an outside (WAN) connection. Or you might not be completely connected; in either case your device is probably defaulting back to your mobile connection which you've disabled.

02-06-11 06:46 PM
    I read in another thread that the latest version of Appworld only connects via mobile internet, wifi won't work anymore apparently. As to the rest - is this wifi connection yours? It may be that it's unsecured LAN only (stupid) and doesn't have an outside (WAN) connection. Or you might not be completely connected; in either case your device is probably defaulting back to your mobile connection which you've disabled.

Thanks - that makes sense about the newer version of bb app world only being accessed via mobile connection. The wifi at my house is'nt mine but I.have the right passkey for it so I still don't see why it would allow to access to the web but not through the desktop shortcuts. I've checked the permission for gmail and there is nothing that says it will only be accessed by TM - wondering what else I could check?

02-06-11 07:32 PM
    Thanks - that makes sense about the newer version of bb app world only being accessed via mobile connection. The wifi at my house is'nt mine but I.have the right passkey for it so I still don't see why it would allow to access to the web but not through the desktop shortcuts. I've checked the permission for gmail and there is nothing that says it will only be accessed by TM - wondering what else I could check?

this leaves me scratching my head - you can browse the mobile sites with the native browser but nothing works if a launcher is used?

02-06-11 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD