is there any way to have my bb set up to switch the browser settings to hotspot browser automatically when i am connected to a wifi network? i am using an 8530 with OS 5.0.0.459.
    02-09-10 07:13 AM
    Hmm, i don't think so. I wonder if any app may have that ability?
    02-09-10 08:16 AM
    Nope, this is not possible. It would have been awesome though.
    02-09-10 09:50 PM
    I believe there are "smart wifi" applications out there that will do this or something similar.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-09-10 11:46 PM
    I think the browser uses wifi when its connected. Because instead of it showing the cell signal it shows wifi in the upper right corner. And since I'm on at&t when I use EDGE data the speakers buzz but whjen I connect to wifi they no longer buzz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 07:44 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f143/ho...ver-3g-418874/

check that. i followed those instructions and it seems to prioritize wifi. if wifi isnt available it defaults to the radio/3g signal.
    02-11-10 12:43 PM
    Now wouldn't it be nice if the browser just worked as a 'real' one would, regardless of whether you were on data, home/office/open wi-fi or free hotspots?

So far, the rigamarole of swapping browsers (and then trying to access some hotspots' sign-in page) has simply been too much of a pain to make worthwhile on my BB.
    02-11-10 01:17 PM
    Now wouldn't it be nice if the browser just worked as a 'real' one would, regardless of whether you were on data, home/office/open wi-fi or free hotspots?

So far, the rigamarole of swapping browsers (and then trying to access some hotspots' sign-in page) has simply been too much of a pain to make worthwhile on my BB.
    Wouldn't you need to log in to a hot spot regardless, at least once? Sorry, I'm just a little confused by your post.
    02-11-10 11:11 PM
    wouldn't you need to log in to a hot spot regardless, at least once? Sorry, i'm just a little confused by your post.
    my question is if there is a way to set up the bb to automatically switch to the hotspot browser when wifi is connected so that i dont forget to switch it and use the 3g connection and not wifi.
    02-12-10 06:23 AM
    my question is if there is a way to set up the bb to automatically switch to the hotspot browser when wifi is connected so that i dont forget to switch it and use the 3g connection and not wifi.
    check the link i sent you. thats exactly what my browser does now.

u have set ur device up to wifi networks, eg, my bb is set up to my house so as soon as i walk in the door i'm instantly on wifi. when im out and i open the browser its automatically on 3g. there is wifi available at my job but i never paired my phone to the connection because its flakey in my office, so even tho there is wifi available at work, i'm always/automatically on 3g because i never paired it
    02-12-10 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD