Hello everybody,

I have been a frequent visitor to this site since I converted from an iPhone 3G to a BB 9700 1 month ago. The information and resources here are amazing. This site has made me become addicted to my BB! This phone is amazing!

I have noticed the wifi on my 9700 acting a bit weird lately. When I try to connect to my home network or an AT&T hotspot, the wifi icon takes a few minutes to turn from grey to white. Sometimes, the icon does not turn white when I am connected to an AT&T wireless hotspot. My phone immediately displays the wifi network name on top though. I have searched endlessly and could not find anybody who had this issue. I know that the grey icon with a network name means the phone is not connected to BIS so you can only surf the web via the hotspot browser. Can you please tell me if this is normal or a way to fix this issue? Thanks in advance for any help!
    01-01-10 07:36 PM
    Well, first of all, welcome to CB. Glad to have you.

As for your wifi connectivity, it sounds as if you are having connection problems. How long has this been happening?
    01-01-10 07:50 PM
    have you tried a battery pull?
    01-01-10 07:56 PM
    Thanks for the replies! I just noticed this a few days ago. I tried a battery pull already.
    01-01-10 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD