Ok I properly set up the wifi on both my wifes phone as well as mine. We both have the white/black wifi icon with the network name. I also have a few other wifi networks as well. My question is If I go from the Verizon network to wifi will it automatically switch over to wifi. I also have wifi on all the time. Say im driving around and Im using the network then I come in to the house and it connects to wifi automatically? Esentially I would be browsing the web via wifi? Anything I need to do? I know the manual recommends switching from internet explorer to hotspot browser. Does that make a difference? Thank you so much
    11-15-09 05:39 PM
    When you are in range of one of the wifi networks you have setup, the phone will automatically try and use it for data. If you lose connectivity to the wifi network (leave you house or move out of range), the phone will switch back to the verizon network.
    11-15-09 05:43 PM
    That's cool me thinks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 05:47 PM
    Ok I work a part time job as well that I havent had to work since I got the storm 2. If I set up a wifi spot there since we do have it and we dont get cell phone reception I should get web browsing to work right?
    11-15-09 05:52 PM
    Ok I work a part time job as well that I havent had to work since I got the storm 2. If I set up a wifi spot there since we do have it and we dont get cell phone reception I should get web browsing to work right?
    Web browsing, Emails and Instant message programs.
    11-15-09 05:55 PM
    Thank you for taking the time out to answer. I appreciate it
    11-15-09 05:57 PM
    Is it necessary to switch browser from internet browser to hotspot browser like the manual says or no? Whats the benefit if any?
    11-16-09 06:07 AM
    I personally always use the Hotspot browser when attached to WiFi. The Hotspot browser I believe will bypass the BIS/BES proxies and work directly like a laptop computer would. In my experiences, it is faster than the other browsers when attached to WiFi.
    11-16-09 06:31 AM
    I personally always use the Hotspot browser when attached to WiFi. The Hotspot browser I believe will bypass the BIS/BES proxies and work directly like a laptop computer would. In my experiences, it is faster than the other browsers when attached to WiFi.
    I've never tried that, great idea.

Thanks for the info...
    11-16-09 06:52 AM
    Personally, I always leave my settings to hot spot browser. I have never had a problem. I use wifi at home all the time and never think about switching it back.
    11-16-09 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD