Just upgraded. Wiped the phone with BBSAK and everything went accordingly.

But I'm having major WIFI problems. It was working fine earlier today (actually, no auto-connecting even with Single Profile Scanning), but now it won't connect at ALL! Trying to "Scan for Networks" yields an error message and the doesn't load the list of networks.
    Network scan internal error!
    If my WIFI is off, then I try to scan, it'll turn it on and show the proper list of networks. Even then, it just stays at the "Connecting to ..." screen for 30 seconds or so and always fails to authenticate against network.

Could anyone help?! I've got an exam tomorrow and troubleshooting is taking up WAY too much time.

Specific details: Network is WPA2/Enterprise, PEAP. Uses the Verisign Class 3 (SS v1) certificate with EAP-MS-CHAP v2. I know that this is the correct certificate and inner link security. Same profile worked on 4.6.

And if you're curious: No shoulder Lock, and it seems really slow when I have to do certain things but gets faster for some reason. When editing WIFI Profiles, it was REALLY show to display text and scroll down (typed in name, on-screen typing didn't appear for ~5 second; changing text field from name to password took ~5 seconds). I spent 2 hours messing with different settings and the WIFI Profiles page is up to speed, strangely.
    Last edited by ArcticSilver5; 02-17-10 at 10:51 PM.
    02-17-10 08:08 PM
    Don't know if you did any searches, but this is a common problem for some folks. Haven't seen a solution yet, except wait for a fix.

Ken
    02-17-10 10:05 PM
    Did a few searches, but no one really gave specific details on how to reproduce the problem.

I'm not in range of any unprotected networks, but I was able to connect to a pay-per-use and it loaded the sign-in screen.

Is this problem present in all 5.0.0.x? Otherwise, I have to downgrade to 4.6.

Additionally, why did WIFI work earlier today? I know for sure it worked, I downloaded and install Bolt Browser and LogicMail via the HotSpot Browser (made sure it was HotSpot before I used it to ensure no data charges)? I uninstalled all third-party apps and still nothing.
    Last edited by ArcticSilver5; 02-17-10 at 10:50 PM.
    02-17-10 10:10 PM
    I upgraded to 5.0.461 and my wifi auto connects fine and stays connected. Rogers 8900 btw.
    02-17-10 11:52 PM
    I upgraded to 5.0.461 and my wifi auto connects fine and stays connected. Rogers 8900 btw.
    Lock button working for you? Did you need to wipe?
    02-17-10 11:58 PM
    I just upgraded to .461 today and was worried I would have the same WiFi problems that I've been seeing. If I ended up with them, it would've been a deal breaker and would've downgraded back to 4.6

However, I've had not a single issue with it. I even connected to a brand new network that I never had before and then went back home and connected to it. No "Single Network Scanning" or anything. So I'm happy!

Sorry about your luck though, and I wish I could help.
    02-17-10 11:58 PM
    I just upgraded to .461 today and was worried I would have the same WiFi problems that I've been seeing. If I ended up with them, it would've been a deal breaker and would've downgraded back to 4.6

However, I've had not a single issue with it. I even connected to a brand new network that I never had before and then went back home and connected to it. No "Single Network Scanning" or anything. So I'm happy!

Sorry about your luck though, and I wish I could help.
    Could you provide more info about your situation?

(1) Do you have data?
    (2) Did you wipe?
    (3) From what OS did you upgrade?
    (4) Does you lock button work?
    (5) Would you be willing to install Bolt 1.7 and LogicMail 1.9? Both are legit programs, although LogicMail is fairly homebrew. Can you still connect to WIFI afterward?
    (6) Did you use the MobiTel or JTWT ROM?

In fact, could other upgraders try to answer these questions so someone can get down to the bottom of this? I can't even imagine what the problem would be... bad install, incompatible chips from different batches, missing service books, bad default settings somewhere...

Highest model Curve and we still get the shaft compared to the Bolds.
    02-18-10 12:20 AM
    (1) Do you have data? Yes.
    (2) Did you wipe? No.
    (3) From what OS did you upgrade? 4.6.1.315
    (4) Does you lock button work? Yes, because I use a password
    (5) Would you be willing to install Bolt 1.7 and LogicMail 1.9? Both are legit programs, although LogicMail is fairly homebrew. Can you still connect to WIFI afterward? Have you tried uninstalling these apps then reload the OS?
    (6) Did you use the MobiTel or JTWT ROM?
    02-18-10 01:39 AM
    (5) Would you be willing to install Bolt 1.7 and LogicMail 1.9? Both are legit programs, although LogicMail is fairly homebrew. Can you still connect to WIFI afterward? Have you tried uninstalling these apps then reload the OS?
    Additionally, why did WIFI work earlier today? I know for sure it worked, I downloaded and install Bolt Browser and LogicMail via the HotSpot Browser (made sure it was HotSpot before I used it to ensure no data charges)? I uninstalled all third-party apps and still nothing.
    02-18-10 01:47 AM
    No data plan, no wipe. I had wifi issues and a non functioning lock button when I upgraded from 4.6.xxx to 5.0.0.461 the other day. I downgraded to 5.0.0.411 and wifi and the lock button function properly now. My only issue is a constant grayed out wifi icon (had it with .461 too but not with 4.6.xxx)
    02-18-10 08:31 AM
    No data plan, no wipe. I had wifi issues and a non functioning lock button when I upgraded from 4.6.xxx to 5.0.0.461 the other day. I downgraded to 5.0.0.411 and wifi and the lock button function properly now. My only issue is a constant grayed out wifi icon (had it with .461 too but not with 4.6.xxx)
    Downloading 5.0.0.411 from the mirror located here.

I can definitely live with a grayed out WIFI icon if it means that WIFI works.
    02-18-10 08:55 AM
    I can definitely live with a grayed out WIFI icon if it means that WIFI works.
    Yup, me too. Thats not gonna stop me from trying to figure out a way for it to work properly again though! Did the wifi logo function properly for you with 4.6 with no data plan? It did for me.
    02-18-10 10:03 AM
    [strike]Ok, major setback. I've tried installing .411 and neither the Loader or DM will recognize the ROM. I installed it, and deleted the Vendor.xml. Still, I get the message
    The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator.
    Do I need to downgrade my DM (5.0.1)? Any help?[/strike]

EDIT: For anyone trying to downgrade, remember to uninstall the newest version from your program list (i.e. Control Panel>Programs and Features).

Also, .411 doesn't have functional WIFI either. AT&T branded, BBSAKed. Welcome back 4.6!
    Last edited by ArcticSilver5; 02-18-10 at 01:44 PM.
    02-18-10 01:01 PM
    I had the same problem on a Curve 8900 after an upgrade to 5.0.0.681. Cured it with Manage connections>Wi-Fi options>Selected my Home Router>Menu>Restore default settings. Then pulled the battery. After that it worked fine.
    08-18-10 08:38 PM
    I had the same problem on a Curve 8900 after an upgrade to 5.0.0.681. Cured it with Manage connections>Wi-Fi options>Selected my Home Router>Menu>Restore default settings. Then pulled the battery. After that it worked fine.
    Don't revive dead threads.

WIFI was an issue with the earlier 5.0 versions. I was on my university's network, which worked fine for my laptop and my friends' phones. I just had to upgrade to the next version and it fixed the issue.
    08-18-10 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD