When i connect to wifi the home picture beside the carrier name stays red and doesn't switch to green therefore no UMA symbol is shown but i the wifi symbol does change to deep white/black.. Any ideas?
    12-25-09 08:28 AM
    First, do a battery pull: leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put it back in and wait for device to boot up. Next, remove power to your wireless modem for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and wait for it to fully boot up.

If these do not fix it, then look at the Wifi Guide and UMA Guide in signature below... they both have a lot of good information.

If you are still having an issue, then you need to give us some history... has this ever worked... does you carrier support UMA... plus anything else you can think of.
    12-25-09 11:06 AM
    if you follow those steps and it doesnt work or it hasnt worked before there may be a issue with your router
    12-25-09 11:56 AM
    Its worked fine on the previous 2 devices when i connected it to my orange live box. Got a brand new replacement and the green house and UMA symbol won't appear. Just wifi working fine. Shouldnt be a problem with my live box as uma worked on the 2 previous devices. Also its takes much longer on this device for the wifi symbol to go from shaded to dark.

Tried the battery pull for 20 seconds and unpluged the live box from the mains and reconnected it.
    Last edited by eXonyte; 12-25-09 at 12:57 PM.
    12-25-09 12:55 PM
    Nice assumption... but not always the case... have you ever attempted to upgrade the firmware on your Wireless Router??? I've seen a number of issues with older router... they do eventually wear out... what type of device is it??? I've had great luck with my LinkSys devices.
    12-25-09 12:59 PM
    No never upgraded the firmware. The device I'm using is the 9700 and I'm connecting through the orange livebox. Don't understand because the other 2 devices had no problems connecting to uma.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 02:27 PM
    Just spoke to an advisor at orange and he said uma has been down since the 10th of december so they are doing their own investigation yet uma was working fine on my previous 9700 since the 21th dec. Anyone else that use orange having problems with uma?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 06:06 AM
    Yes. My UMA connection has been playing up since Christmas Day. Cant make calls via WIFI, cant send or receive texts, but can send and receive emails. UMA is essential for me as we have very poor a mobile reception. Orange support have just told me that they are not aware of any UMA problems!
    12-26-09 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD