hey there... i'm new here... so, my problem is very weird.. i cant connect to the internet trough my wifi connetion.. it shows that i'm connected to my wifi, but when i try go to some webpages, it says: unable to find the requested server

the weird part is that this appears only at my home :S everywhere else i can use wifi normaly.. i have a BB Bold 9000, and use a D-Link DI-524 wireless router.. i haven't any type of security on it, cuz i simply dont need it.. everyone else can use my wifi normaly with other smartphones, so this makes me go crazy :S are they simply uncompatible or where is the problem? so pls help :/
    05-16-12 10:32 AM
    I had a problem with a 9000 and Dlink router. You can play with the router settings and get the 9000 to work reliably, but then other devices can have problems.

The simple answer is to get another router. If you don't want to buy a new router, try upgrading the software on the router and the phone. Buying a new router may be quicker.

I helped a friend setup an old 9000 for his daughter and the latest OS 5 software (available at the top of this forum) seemed to have more options than I remember on my old 9000, such as 5ghz support. It may help with your problem.
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-16-12 at 10:50 AM.
    05-16-12 10:47 AM
    i tried already to change some settings on my wifi router, but nothing worked so far.. what kind of settings do i have to search and change to fix this problem? won't spend money on a other router.. for now ^^
    05-16-12 03:58 PM
    Have you deleted the profile and rebooted the phone and try to connect again? Rebooted your router?

Latest firmware installed on it?

D-Link DI-524 Wireless Router Driver and Firmware Download | D-Link Blog Home
    05-16-12 05:38 PM
    i tried already to change some settings on my wifi router, but nothing worked so far.. what kind of settings do i have to search and change to fix this problem? won't spend money on a other router.. for now ^^
    It has been a few years since I dealt with it, but I think choosing one mode or another was the answer. I had to choose either N only or G only, can't remember.
    05-16-12 09:31 PM
    i realy tried all this stuf.. but nothing works for now :S
    05-18-12 12:47 PM
    i realy tried all this stuf.. but nothing works for now :S
    Deni, i know this is an old thread and you may be long gone, but i have tried extensively to get a 524 dlink to work with BIS and have failed completely.
    I would say there is no way to make this router work. I've been doing networking since i was 10 years old and this one has stumped me. I have ensured ports 443 are open, i have scanned the area and am on an open channel, ive done everything that has fixed every other router. Ive even assigned a DHCP static address to the berry and put it in the DMZ.
    I can get it to connect to bis for about 10 seconds before it loses the tunnel.

Just get a new router and use this piece of **** as target practice.
    12-27-12 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD