Until yesterday I was successfully accessing wifi internet service on my Blackberry 8520 through the ADSL modem. Suddenly yesterday the websites have stopped opening and there is an error message "The requested server could not be found." I have checked with other devices like Laptop and iPod over the same wifi network and all are working fine and internet access is possible on them. As far as Blackberry is concerned, it connects to the wifi network, but the websites do not open. I have tried to ping from the Blackberry to the wifi gateway, and the pings are successful; still the websites are not opening.
    Help please !!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-16-09 07:59 PM
    Sorry! The error message displayed is:
    "Unable to find the requested server."
    11-16-09 08:18 PM
    Battery pull, reset modem, and make sure all of your wifi settings are correct.
    11-16-09 10:28 PM
    I have seen that error too. On occasion, my BlackBerry will fail to activate UMA over Wifi and that is the error message in diagnostics.

There is nothing you can do, it is a problem at your carrier.

Typically, it will be resolved in a couple hours or overnight.
    11-17-09 09:51 AM
    Pulled the battery and rebooted the router. The problem still remains. Wifi internet access through the ADSL modem is still possible on my Laptop, but not on my Blackberry. :-(
    11-17-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD