Hi there,
    I have done some searching around but can't seem to find any info the the specific problem I have with my 8900.
    The Wifi says it is connected to my home router although the Wifi symbol occasionally greys out. When I take a look in the connection manager it also reports that it is connected with the green tick next to the name of the router. The trouble is that although it would seem that everything is ok connection wise I still can't access the internet. Any ideas?
    11-15-09 03:04 AM
    I believe the connection may appear even though not enough packets are swapped for real function. Grey means no connection.

One local hotspot shows the name as a connection but the symbol stays gray and 3G is used instead.

There may be other or more detailed explanations also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sedalia066; 11-15-09 at 04:48 AM.
    11-15-09 04:38 AM
    Lately mine is doing that as well. Also i noticed that my signal is always low causing my battery to drain. All of this started a week ago. The entire month of October was fine the signal and wifi ran fine. Someone said to turn the radio off and it was cause the phone to search for a tower maybe getting a better signal. Can someone tell me how to turn that off because i cannot find anything that says Radio off/on?
    11-15-09 07:12 AM
    Go to Manage Connections and the uncheck the box next to Mobile Network. This will turn off the radio.
    11-15-09 12:39 PM
    Go to Manage Connections and the uncheck the box next to Mobile Network. This will turn off the radio.
    Thank you!
    11-15-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD