I wish there was a setting or app that would shut wifi off if it was away from the home network to help conserve on battery life. I mean I know I can do it but an app or auto setting would be nice lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 05:44 PM
    All you have to do is click the upper right corner of your display to get to the Manage Connections screen, only takes a couple settings. I just click & unclick WiFi and Bluetooth on and off from there more easily than going thru options.
    11-05-09 06:00 PM
    Yeah, I know. I just wish it was an auto feature or something built into the settings. Kinda like how windows laptops shut off wifi or network settings if the battery gets to a certain level
    11-05-09 06:42 PM
    Or it would shut off when you are out range. And turn on when you are in range. I should auto shut off if it cannot connect after a certain number of tries.
    11-05-09 06:44 PM
    Or it would shut off when you are out range. And turn on when you are in range. I should auto shut off if it cannot connect after a certain number of tries.
    This would be nice
    11-05-09 06:45 PM
    The addonis app has a setting for this. As soon as you get out of range of your wifi connection it turns wifi off.
    You can find it in the CB app store. It works well.

11-05-09 07:23 PM
    The addonis app has a setting for this. As soon as you get out of range of your wifi connection it turns wifi off.
    You can find it in the CB app store. It works well.

Do you have it working on your 9550, Chip? I thought it wasn't 9550 compatible...
    11-05-09 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD