Thanks i had a brain fart. I totally forgot for some reason.
    NP I try to help where I can.
    10-30-09 09:12 AM
    My wifi will turn white, the box will show a green check. Then after awhile it will show my hotspot next to the wifi logo but the check disappears. It just reconnected with the green check and then 30 seconds later the green check disappeared while looking at it. Why is this? Right now it is showing the white space bar where the green check was. I am not surfing or doing any web browsing while this is happening.

Thanks for any help
    10-30-09 09:35 AM
    Yea I surprised at you, this is JUST the kind of thing you catch.
    I'd catch it if I was using an S2.
    10-30-09 09:42 AM
    no it was working, it just didnt work with RIM data. Mine worked day one for browsing (I believe, cause I cant tell if its using that connection, but said it was connected)

still dont know how to tell if its using the wifi or not. it could be a trick lol
    Browsing IS RIM data....
    10-30-09 09:43 AM
    no it was working, it just didnt work with RIM data. Mine worked day one for browsing (I believe, cause I cant tell if its using that connection, but said it was connected)

still dont know how to tell if its using the wifi or not. it could be a trick lol
    Same here. After resending service books it tuned white, then after about 10 minutes it went back to grey. Does the phone choose the strongest signal (wi-fi or the 3G network)?
    10-30-09 09:52 AM
    WIFI does not stay on . It will show green check mark and after a short while will go to white dash.
    10-30-09 10:04 AM
    WIFI does not stay on . It will show green check mark and after a short while will go to white dash.
    When it goes back to white dash does the blackberry infrastructure connection show the red x again?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 10:16 AM
    How do I resend the service books? Or does Verizon do that?
    10-30-09 10:26 AM
    When it goes back to white dash does the blackberry infrastructure connection show the red x again?

No ,it shows a blue check, next to Wi-Fi it shows the hot spot and in the box to the far right ,where the green check was, it turns to the white dash.
    10-30-09 10:28 AM
    Success! I gotta figure out the calender as well it wants to post everything to my email or facebook. I don't need my friends knowing that I have a filling two weeks away.
    10-30-09 10:33 AM
    Who here can load the full crackberry website? Mine will not load all the way. If you are able to do this, what are your browser configurations?

Thanks
    10-30-09 11:20 AM
    ok my wifif symbol is white now, im very happy about that. thanks rim. but im kinda confused is there suppose to be a green check also? or some kind of check? it has turned white, but i keep hearing about a check or something, is that suppose to be with the white wifif symbol? help me
    10-30-09 11:22 AM
    workin like a champ! less than 24 hrs of me havin it in my hands and a fix !!! now just too bad it wont send sms over wi-fi
    10-30-09 11:26 AM
    Lol I feel like an *****. I'm at the airport where I have to pay for wifi so ill just wait and see if it works when I get to where I need to be.

I don't know if you have verizon home internet service, but if you do, certain plans verizon gives you free service at certain hotspots that charge, might be worth looking into.
    10-30-09 11:32 AM
    I can use the browser, AIM, Facebook, BBM but no email, yet??
    10-30-09 11:33 AM
    Mine works 100% for everything (Except text because that is not data).. Anyways, remember it will go back to gray when you move away from the wifi zone...
    10-30-09 11:36 AM
    Saw the post on the main page so I was going to resend my service books but as I looked down at my device, my Wifi was already white lol.
    10-30-09 11:44 AM
    Thanks guys mine is working now too after resending my service books!
    10-30-09 11:44 AM
    Thanks for the info...it works just fine.
    10-30-09 12:39 PM
    Could also be the Power Management issue RIM has disclosed a few weeks back with WIFI if it connects and then goes dormant after a while. I don't think WIFI will connect and remain on unless something is flipping over to use it and does something to "keepalive" the connection. With UMA capable BBs, the WIFI tends to remain on because all the UMA traffic traverses that conduit constantly, but with VZW that's not an option, so WIFI could just go dormant after a while... who knows.
    10-30-09 01:11 PM
    My WiFi is good to go. Just swung by the house and checked.
    10-30-09 01:33 PM
    I love it. Very funny how it just suddenly started working, gg RIM!
    10-30-09 01:37 PM
    Just confirmed that mine works now too, and have the bright white wifi symbol.
    10-30-09 01:38 PM
    Wifi is also good on my end now.

Seems like they're on top of the things this time.

10-30-09 02:13 PM
    I don't know if you have verizon home internet service, but if you do, certain plans verizon gives you free service at certain hotspots that charge, might be worth looking into.
    For Verizon Fios and it does not work with phones. Notebook computers only!
    10-30-09 02:54 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD