Yet another one with a Wifi problem. I hope you're not bored of this problem yet...

The situation is as follows: I have a bold and data plan etc. (europe, dutch, Vodafone)

I am now abroad in a house with wireless internet available however it is giving me some problems.

I can find the Wifi connection and connect to it (although my 'wireless network internet connection' needs to be ON, otherwise i don't get an IP-address allocated to me). From then on there is no green tick in the connections screen.

when I open the browser it starts roaming internet. however when I turn my mobile network OFF (but keep internet connection ON) I can suddenly use the browser through Wifi...when I turn on my mobile network again (and the internet connection for mobile set to OFF to prevent roaming) no more Wifi...

Looking at the other threads I have tried

- a hard reset

- finding a wifi [60] entry but my host routing table is empty?

- removing the password from the router and starting all over.

all to no avail.

I hope someone can help me to get it to work like it should ( i mean, Wifi should just work when I have my mobile internet turned off, shouldn't it?)

Thanks!
    09-21-09 04:06 PM
    Im having the same problems. Can't figure it out. The phone is finding the wifi connection and the name is appearing on the connections screen (and at the top of my home screen) but the green tick is missing from the connections screen and the wifi doesn't work. I can however ping my server (wireless router). Have tried switching OS, resets, router re-configs, everything!! Please someone help. Im in a foreign country and need my wifi to avoid roaming charges.
    09-23-09 01:02 PM

I can find the Wifi connection and connect to it (although my 'wireless network internet connection' needs to be ON, otherwise i don't get an IP-address allocated to me). From then on there is no green tick in the connections screen.

when I open the browser it starts roaming internet. however when I turn my mobile network OFF (but keep internet connection ON) I can suddenly use the browser through Wifi...when I turn on my mobile network again (and the internet connection for mobile set to OFF to prevent roaming) no more Wifi...

Looking at the other threads I have tried

- a hard reset

- finding a wifi [60] entry but my host routing table is empty?

- removing the password from the router and starting all over.

Thanks!
    First, when you turn off your Mobile Network Data to "Off", your Wifi will not transmit data, period. You must have it set to "On" or "Off when roaming".

Second, see my post here for connecting your Wifi to BIS. http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/wif...ed-out-232912/
    09-23-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD