Greetings fellow crackberry users. This is my first post on CB. I've been a member of the site for awhile, but never ventured into the forums. My first post is in reference to wifi. I'm currently rockin a 8330 curve (sprint ). I'm happy they are coming out with the Tour this month. But it doesn't have wifi. I love my Curve, but I think wifi would be a cool feature (even though I never had it). I'm kinda of torn between waiting for another blackberry with wifi or just getting the Tour. Is wifi really a big deal or not? That is the question I pose to you.

Side note: I'm surprised that the world phone doesn't have wifi.
    07-01-09 03:25 PM
    Are you ever in areas where your carriers signal has gone to crap yet you know you can pick up wifi? That's really the only question you should be asking yourself. If the answer is yes then you should totally purchase a phone with wifi. But then again, once you ask yourself that first question you then need to ask yourself if you really need that wifi or if you are okay with holding out for some time before you get service back.
    07-01-09 03:32 PM
    I agree with JORB. If you are in an area where you're carrier doesn't get a good signal, WiFi really comes in handy.
    07-01-09 03:37 PM
    Well, I went from WiFi on my Pearl to a WiFi free curve and don't miss it at all because I don't have it.
    07-01-09 04:10 PM
    I for one live somewhere where my Curve, my roomates Pearl and my girlfriends Bold don't get a single bar. Makes me wish I had wi-fi. If the Storm 2 does (rumored) I'll be on it in a second flat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 06:40 PM
    07-01-09 06:55 PM
    I have wifi at home and at work, the two places I spend the most time, so wifi has been a must-have feature for me for awhile now.
    07-01-09 08:30 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I live in a small media market city, so coverage is descent. My biggest concern is when you travel, and there is no coverage, how does that work? Are you just S.O.L or does wifi kick in w/out a hotspot? I know that might be a silly question but I'm still not sure how the whole wifi thing work. I just know that you you can surf the web and talk @ the same time (but how often do you do that).
    07-02-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD