Quick question for the users here. Do you leave your wifi on or just use 3g? Between wifi and bluetooth being on constantly, wouldn't it be a HUGE battery drain? i kinda figure if i'm at home, i have my laptop so that is the only place i spend a majority of time that i would use wifi.
    12-07-09 10:15 PM
    Well, I have WIFI on all the time. I hear that if you leave wifi on, and you're in a good signal area, it won't kill your battery life. But I've also heard that bluetooth is a battery KILLER. Not sure how it behaves on this new phone though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 11:12 PM
    Leaving Wi-Fi on when there is no Wi-Fi connection available will drain your battery. If a Wi-Fi connection is available, you will get faster data transfer if you are connected to the Wi-Fi, and you will not have battery issues. Once you connect to a new Wi-Fi network, you will just need to turn Wi-Fi on when you are in the range of that network, and you will get connected automatically.
    12-07-09 11:26 PM
    I leave mine on all day as I have WiFi at work and home. I don't bother turning it off during the commute, errands, and lunch etc or going to gym after work because the battery life is amazing. By the time I get ready for bed I've never seen it drop below 20% battery life. I use Pandora 3-5 hours a day also! Only got it to 3% once but that was because I went out drinking on a Friday night after work and drank until 3am =P
    12-07-09 11:35 PM
    Quick question for the users here. Do you leave your wifi on or just use 3g? Between wifi and bluetooth being on constantly, wouldn't it be a HUGE battery drain? i kinda figure if i'm at home, i have my laptop so that is the only place i spend a majority of time that i would use wifi.
    I've heard some speculate that UMA/WiFi is more efficient than having your phone continually search for a tower connection.

I leave WiFi on most of the time and don't really notice a big battery drain. However, my phone is also almost always connected to a UMA/WiFi connection. Home, work, most places I visit all have UMA connectivity. One of the biggest advantages of being with T-Mobile.
    12-07-09 11:40 PM
    I leave my wifi and bluetooth on 24/7, and I'm constantly texting and listening to music and I still have a good enough battery life at the end of the day from 7am till like 10pm. The 9700 has a sexy battery life even while constant use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 01:04 AM
    For us T-Mobile people, this is a no-brainer because of UMA. If I was on ATT, it'd be a tougher call. For light browsing and most apps, I don't see a huge difference between WiFi and 3G. I'd still probably use WiFi whenever available though.
    12-08-09 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD