Hi - I was in court today and they had signs posted listing the SSID and password. I get to the log in page and when I clicked it, it says it was not a trusted certificate. I wasn't worried about that and clicked continue and another message came up asking for my device key store password. I saw no reason why I should have to give that info up so I did not connect. I tried it a few times and kept getting the same message. The browser page it took me to was for the courthouse.

Why would it want my device key store password? Is there any risk if I would have allowed it?

Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 10-22-08 at 11:17 PM. Reason: typo
    10-22-08 11:10 PM
    Wi-Fi profile security options

Security Type:
    Set the security type that the Wi-Fi� network supports.

Select WEP key:
    Set the type of WEP key for the Wi-Fi network.

WEP key:
    Type the WEP key for the Wi-Fi network in hexadecimal format.

Pre-Shared Key:
    Type the WPA™ Personal pass phrase for the Wi-Fi network.

User name:
    If necessary, type the user name that you use to connect to the Wi-Fi network.

User password:
    If necessary, type the user password that you use to connect to the Wi-Fi network.

CA certificate:
    Set the root certificate that your BlackBerry� device should use to verify that it is connecting to the correct Wi-Fi network.

Client certificate:
    Set the authentication certificate that your device should use to connect to the Wi-Fi network.

Inner link security:
    If necessary, set the security protocol that the Wi-Fi network supports for its inner authentication method.

Use hard token:
    Set whether you use a hardware token to connect to the Wi-Fi network.

Token serial number:
    If you use a software token to connect to the Wi-Fi network, set the token serial number.

Server subject for certificate validation:
    If necessary, type the server subject name your device should use to verify that it is connecting to the correct Wi-Fi network.

Server SAN for certificate validation:
    If necessary, type the server subject alternative name your device should use to verify that it is connecting to the correct Wi-Fi network.

IMSI:
    If your SIM card has more than one IMSI, set the IMSI that you use to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
    These are the supported connection options when using Wifi.

I have not tested the application of certificates, but it is part of the security settings you will need to make the connection. I am quite certain it is not the same as your device password, nobody has the need to know that.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-23-08 at 11:14 AM.
    10-23-08 11:12 AM
    Thanks. i wil try it. I've not had this issue logging into other networks. Just the courthouse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD