When I scan for Wifi networks, a neighbor's signal is picked up by my phone, but my Linksys wireless router by Cisco (model #: WRT110) doesn't pick up the signal. I can connect to Wifi at work and in other places, but not through my own wireless router. I've tried manually connecting by typing in the SSID and network security key through both the WEP and PSK security type options, but each time it comes back as "failed." What am I doing wrong?
    07-31-09 12:21 AM
    You don't have it setup so nobody can connect do you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 04:57 AM
    Are you sure that wifi is turned on on the router?
    07-31-09 07:06 AM
    I had the same problems,try this.....it worked great for me
    I cant post the link because I have less than ten posts...But this is what I did and now my WiFi always connects without issue.

this is for a linksys router...but I'm sure you can adjust settings on other brands as well.

You should try to adjust it's wireless settings...

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...
    Use admin for both Username & Password...
    For Wireless Settings, please do the following : -
    Click on the Wireless tab
    -Here select manual configuration...Wireless Network mode should be mixed...
    -Provide a unique name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box in order to differentiate your network from your neighbours network...

- Set the Wireless channel to 11-2.462GHz...Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on Save Settings...
    Please make a note of Wireless Network Name (SSID) as this is the Network Identifier...
    For Wireless Security : -
    Click on the Sub tab under Wireless > Wireless Security...
    Change the Wireless security mode to WEP, Encryption should be 64 bit.Leave the passphrase blank, don't type in anything...
    Under WEP Key 1 type in any 10 numbers please(numbers only and no letters eg: your 10 digit phone number) and click on save settings...
    Please make a note of WEP Key 1 as this is the Security Key for the Wireless Network...

Click on Advanced Wireless Settings
    Change the Beacon Interval to 75 >>Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304, Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 >>Click on "Save Settings"...
    Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your wireless adapter...
    Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...
    07-31-09 07:37 AM
    Hi. I have noticed the following on my BLACKBERRY Bold:
    1- Wifi un-checked in managed connections: No Wifi sign on home screen; only data used
    2- Wifi checked: grey wifi sign; browsing using wifi but most other things using data plan
    3- wifi checked: white wifi sign; everything wifi

My problem is thay whether its a gray wifi sign or white wifi sign, my wifi is intermittent. Sometime it works perfectly; others, it just doesn't connect. Sometime the connection stays for a while and at other times, just a few minutes and then will stop before staring again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

07-31-09 10:06 AM
    Speed Without Wires
    Easily create an around-the-home wireless network experience. RangePlus-n utilizes Wireless-N technology to allow your whole family to share one broadband Internet connection but is fully compatible with Wireless-G and -B equipment. Great for wireless printing and sharing files. Step up from Wireless-G to the speed of N!
    There are known problems when your BlackBerry attempts to connect to an 802.11n router.

Is there a setting option to limit it to 802.11g only?
    07-31-09 11:28 AM
    not that I know off. You can limit it to b/g but not just g.

07-31-09 03:26 PM
    Are you sure that wifi is turned on on the router?
    Wifi is turned "on" on the router. There are multiple laptops connected to it on a daily basis.
    07-31-09 09:44 PM
    I had the same problems,try this.....it worked great for me
    I cant post the link because I have less than ten posts...But this is what I did and now my WiFi always connects without issue.

this is for a linksys router...but I'm sure you can adjust settings on other brands as well.

You should try to adjust it's wireless settings...

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...
    Use admin for both Username & Password...
    For Wireless Settings, please do the following : -
    Click on the Wireless tab
    -Here select manual configuration...Wireless Network mode should be mixed...
    -Provide a unique name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box in order to differentiate your network from your neighbours network...

- Set the Wireless channel to 11-2.462GHz...Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on Save Settings...
    Please make a note of Wireless Network Name (SSID) as this is the Network Identifier...
    For Wireless Security : -
    Click on the Sub tab under Wireless > Wireless Security...
    Change the Wireless security mode to WEP, Encryption should be 64 bit.Leave the passphrase blank, don't type in anything...
    Under WEP Key 1 type in any 10 numbers please(numbers only and no letters eg: your 10 digit phone number) and click on save settings...
    Please make a note of WEP Key 1 as this is the Security Key for the Wireless Network...

Click on Advanced Wireless Settings
    Change the Beacon Interval to 75 >>Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304, Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 >>Click on "Save Settings"...
    Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your wireless adapter...
    Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...
    192.168.1.1 doesn't work in my browser. It states "400 Bad Request. No Request Found."
    07-31-09 09:49 PM
    There are known problems when your BlackBerry attempts to connect to an 802.11n router.

Is there a setting option to limit it to 802.11g only?
    I've searched for ways to allow the router to 802.11g only, but can't find a way to do it. The router is suppose to be compatible with the 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11b networks.
    07-31-09 09:53 PM
    this helped, i had the same prob.
    08-02-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD