Picked up the Torch this weekend and I'm enjoying it so far. One of the only issues I'm having is when I'm home and connected to wifi, it keeps telling me the server isn't found.

Is this an issue on the phone end or my home wifi?
    09-19-11 07:37 PM
    Picked up the Torch this weekend and I'm enjoying it so far. One of the only issues I'm having is when I'm home and connected to wifi, it keeps telling me the server isn't found.

I had the exact same problem. It is a router setting. I have a netgear something or other and one of the default settings had to be unchecked in order for my phone to work on it. I knew it was a router problem because my wifi worked perfectly at work but not when at home.

I'm sorry I can't give you the specifics, but I'm at work and have a difference wireless router here. But I can tell you that I used the search string " bb wifi <router model>" and a few threads came up that helped me get to the bottom of it. The ultimate problem was with a setting in the router that prioritizes access to certain devices and I think this had to do with catering to those who want to maximize their resources for gaming experiences.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific at this time. Keep us posted on your findings. I'll check this thread out here and there and see if I can help you.

cheers
    09-20-11 10:33 AM
    Here. I think this was the answer if I recall correctly

http://forums.crackberry.com/wifi-di...ml#post4518355

the wmm settings. Nothing else made a difference for me. It was the "Enable WMM" that needed to be unchecked
    09-20-11 10:36 AM
    Here. I think this was the answer if I recall correctly

http://forums.crackberry.com/wifi-di...ml#post4518355

the wmm settings. Nothing else made a difference for me. It was the "Enable WMM" that needed to be unchecked
    Yo maaaaannn, I never ever sign up to any forums before but I been working so hard to solve this problem and ur post finally helped. Just felt the need to sign up and say thank you, u saved me some dollars for new router...ever see u in real life, beers on me. THANK YOU!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-30-11 01:52 AM
    Yo maaaaannn, I never ever sign up to any forums before but I been working so hard to solve this problem and ur post finally helped. Just felt the need to sign up and say thank you, u saved me some dollars for new router...ever see u in real life, beers on me. THANK YOU!!!

haha. No problem. Glad it worked out for you.

Thanks for reporting back the success of your endeavor. Feedback is one of the things that makes community forums useful for everyone.

Cheers
    11-30-11 02:36 PM
    I have been having the same issue. I have a DIR-825 wireless router. And I unchecked "Enable WMM" and boom everything appears to be working! Thanks guys!
    03-01-12 08:46 PM

I had that issue a couple hours ago but it went away on its own. I thought service was down again until it started working... if nothing that was said by the others helps and the problem isn't fixed on its own, try connecting to someone else's wi-fi in your area if it isn't locked just to make sure it's not a problem with your phone. If they all require a passcode, try a local Starbucks (if you live in the U.S.) and see if it works on their free wi-fi.
    03-01-12 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD