Hello, My name is Mike, i recently upgraded 2 phones on my sprint account. I still have an old BB8530 with wifi. I used to use the wifi option at my house, and any other wifi hotspot. Now that i have upgraded, i wanted to still use this phone for my girlfriends daughter so she can use the internet with it at my house. But its not working like it used to, i know the sprint service has been shut off, but the wifi should still work.. any ideas?
    02-24-11 07:50 AM
    I'm not an expert by any means, but I think you may still need the device to be activated for wifi to work.
    02-24-11 08:05 AM
    Yea, i'm starting to think that also, i've been tryin to read other forums, and web sites to see if there is settings that i can change to make the browser work, i mean theres alot of games that still work on there that her daughter can use, but if she gets sick of it, i'll sell it. Its in mint condition, but i still wanna find out for sure if the wifi option will work, i mean why wouldn't it right? but i'm sure the carriers rigged it so you have to pay for service for that to work, you would think the wifi would work like any other wifi enabled device, such a ipod touch or PSP.
    02-24-11 08:13 AM
    not sure if this will help. but I shut off the wireless radio and blue tooth radio and left only wifi on and it works fine, i tried it at my house and my daughters house also location was turned off. so the only radio on was wifi and i could access several hotspots. goodluck
    02-24-11 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD