Hello,

I've seem to have run into a problem. I have ATT in the states, but unlocked my bold for a three month trip to Canada. Here, I am on there Fido service. Back at home, I removed my BlackBerry messaging bundle and decreased the plan so that I'd be paying roughly 20 dollars to maintain the line while I'm away. I do not have a data plan in canada, but instead pay per kilobyte as I hoped to utilise wifi.

So here's the problem, I enable wifi and connect to a network. In the network connections, there is a simple - next to wifi connected instead of the green check. I cannot access the internet; however, it states that I am connected on the main homepage.

Any ideas what could be wrong here? Maybe something with server booklets?

Mike
    07-21-09 11:09 AM
    Try accessing google.com and to see if it takes you to there login page to except the terms and conditions of being able to use their wifi connection... Let us know if that works or not...
    07-21-09 11:17 AM
    I don't believe it will. The network that I am connecting to does not have a log-in page. In fact, it's my own personal network within my apartment (I've tried accessing it, wifi hotspots, everything!). Let me know if anyone has any other ideas!!
    07-21-09 11:56 AM
    I live in Canada and have an unlocked Curve 8320 and use Fido as my carrier. I am able to access Wi-Fi by just going to the browser...
    07-21-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD