Whenever I turn on Wifi on my Curve 8320 and I recieve a call or someone calls me, and maybe if I recieve or send a text, My internet crashes on all my computers (network dies, even computers connected via ethernet cable are booted off) and then it reboots itself. Can anyone think of any possible solutions to this issue?
    I have a verizon branded actiontec router running a WPA encrypted network on b and g connections.
    Last edited by mwolfe; 04-09-09 at 03:53 PM.
    04-09-09 03:49 PM
    Try firmware update on the router. Failing that look for a linksys or dlink. If you look for some online deals you should be able to find them cheap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 09:46 AM
    For what its worth, one of my kids has an 8320 and a Dlink router ( WBR1310 ) and has exactly the same problem. Using the phone hoses up the network - something about UMA with wifi preferred for the connection preference.
    04-11-09 05:53 PM
    That's odd. I have 2 8320's set to wifi preferred and I'm using an old motorola. No problems at all.
    04-11-09 07:49 PM
    This is now happening to me as well. Both the wife & I have BlackBerry devices (She has an 8900 and I have an 8320) and we have Verizon FIOS. When we're on UMA calls, the Actiontec router with firmware 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.11.6 will occasionally crash. It actually locks up the router and the router will reboot itself. The logs indicate absolutely nothing, and Actiontec & Verizon have been completely useless at helping with the issue. Verizon simply insists on sending me a new router. They did, and the same problem occurs with the new one.

I'm now pondering an Apple AirPort Extreme or Express instead. We have an all Mac household, so hopefully it will be a viable solution.
    06-01-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD