I am not buying another Blackberry until it has wifi hot spot. The clowns running this company have to start listening to customers and looking at what their competitors are doing?

Do you want wifi hot spot on your berry? Let me know.

This is 2011. WTF is going on here?????
    05-02-11 12:51 AM
    I am not buying another Blackberry until it has wifi hot spot. The clowns running this company have to start listening to customers and looking at what their competitors are doing?

This feature comes standard with all BlackBerry models.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 01:32 AM
    This feature comes standard with all BlackBerry models.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You are mistaken kind sir. Not one Blackberry has wifi hotspot.

To be clear, this feature allows your blackberry to act as a wifi router. It is currently available on newer Android phones and the iphone 4.
    05-02-11 02:31 AM

What do we have here? Oh that's right RIM is adding Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot.

Last edited by blazed12; 05-02-11 at 03:16 AM.
    E92Vancouver, highline and Fonz0 like this.
    05-02-11 02:56 AM
    What do we have here? Oh that's right RIM is adding Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot

Nice!!!! But when????? Do you have a link?
    05-02-11 02:57 AM
    Here's the link: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-roa...aign=community
    05-02-11 03:00 AM
    Thanks!!! (Just gave you a click thanks too). I just found this:

Upcoming BlackBerry OS 6.1 Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot Features - BerryReview
    05-02-11 03:06 AM
    Thanks!!! (Just gave you a click thanks too). I just found this:

Upcoming BlackBerry OS 6.1 Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot Features - BerryReview
    Sure no problem
    05-02-11 03:15 AM
    I am waiting for this too! Let's hope it comes to the current device and not just the future ones.
    05-02-11 05:34 AM
    It is STANDARD with the new devices if you will check them out!

If you can not wait, Apple will be glad to sell you a iPhone 4 now.
    05-02-11 07:17 AM
    I have little to no desire for a wireless hotspot on my phone.

might be a nice added feature, that I may someday want to use, but the only device I want to link via a Hotspot would be my Playbook, which I have bridging for.
    05-02-11 07:25 AM
    Unless I missed it, I'm not seeing WiFi hotspot listed here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/bol...ounced-610852/
    05-02-11 08:12 AM
    Unless I missed it, I'm not seeing WiFi hotspot listed here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/bol...ounced-610852/
    Seems odd that it isn't mentioned, does anyone know if there is another set of wifi certification required for that sort of feature?

Perhaps they aren't allowed to mention it or demo it in public until that has been obtained.
    05-02-11 10:44 AM
    How many devices can use your phones internet for before they are all useless and lagging like crazy?
    05-02-11 11:52 AM

might be a nice added feature, that I may someday want to use, but the only device I want to link via a Hotspot would be my Playbook, which I have bridging for.
    Wifi Hotspot would give your apps and AppWorld access to internet data on the PlayBook. Currently PlayBook is only getting data to Bridge Browser/Email via Bridge.
    05-02-11 11:53 AM
    How many devices can use your phones internet as a wifi hotspot before your bill is $$$$ from so much data usage from each device?
    05-02-11 12:07 PM
    I too find it very suspicious that there is no mention of wifi hotspot in their press release. I wonder if they've killed that feature just so one can't connect an iPad to a BB (in order to help prop up the value of the Bridge for the Playbook)
    05-02-11 12:12 PM
    I hope not. My iPad is longing for this feature and I am not ready to switch to another phone than BB over this. But that is not the worst. I would really love to be able to just boot up my laptop and do some light work without having to pair Bluetooth or fetch out cables.
    05-02-11 01:13 PM

What about a laptop, ipad or ipod? I tether to my laptop all the time when travelling.
    05-03-11 03:12 AM
    Wifi Hotspot would give your apps and AppWorld access to internet data on the PlayBook. Currently PlayBook is only getting data to Bridge Browser/Email via Bridge.
    Bingo! Exactly!! At wifi hotspot would give the PB access to Video Chat through your BB which is currently limited to wifi only.
    05-03-11 03:14 AM
    I too find it very suspicious that there is no mention of wifi hotspot in their press release. I wonder if they've killed that feature just so one can't connect an iPad to a BB (in order to help prop up the value of the Bridge for the Playbook)
    You know, if the BB had wifi hot spot when the ipad came out, I would have bought an ipad long ago and probably would not have a PB today. That PB was a long time coming.

The other thing keeping me from the ipad was lack of flash and no camera.
    05-03-11 03:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD