I plan on getting an unlocked BB Curve 8900, cause i dont want to be tied down to a contract with tmobile. I dont want to pay for a data plan. I was wondering if without the plan can i still use the phones built in wifi to use the internet and apps?
    09-06-09 11:04 AM
    I plan on getting an unlocked BB Curve 8900, cause i dont want to be tied down to a contract with tmobile. I dont want to pay for a data plan. I was wondering if without the plan can i still use the phones built in wifi to use the internet and apps?
    Yes you can, but not all apps will work without a data plan. It will be good for downloads of movies/podcasts/music, streaming radio and video, internet email, etc.
    09-08-09 02:44 PM
    yeas you can...see sonni kuba's post on apps that work with wifi only
    09-10-09 06:04 PM
    The apps i dont mind. However its the wifi that concerns me. A friends BB connects with the wifi but he cant use the internet because it says you need a data plan. Would this happen?
    09-10-09 07:57 PM
    only if you were att.....with them they cripple your wifi if you dont subscribe to a datap lan...not so on tmo
    09-11-09 07:51 AM
    So ill be ok with tmobile without the data plan
    09-11-09 06:36 PM
    So ill be ok with tmobile without the data plan
    Yup, very well,
    09-11-09 10:52 PM
    ya......with tmo you either have data or you dont....theres no ooops I accidentaly connected and now im getting billed....if you dont subscribe to data....your just not gonna connect over netowrk but will be fine with wifi
    09-12-09 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD