So whats the deal with WiFi and this Gmail app I keep on reading about?

I am about to get either a 8320 or 8820 (no data plan, yes I know...crazy right?!). And just want to use the WiFi...I am aware no 'push email' and I can just go to like the aol site and get my email, but what is the Gmail app I hear will work with the wifi and it is like push email or something? hellllp....
    02-06-08 11:13 PM
    Gmail is Googles free email service. There is a BlackBerry specific application, but it can not be used without a plan.

Gmail is accessible with the browser using wifi. It works best when iGoogle mobile version services the application. The inbox and new messages appear directly under the Google search box.
    02-07-08 04:56 PM
    Does this mean that the installed GMail application does not use Wi-Fi? In my case I have a Bold 9000 and "generic" unlimited data (not BIS) and it works off that but I've been using Wi-Fi lately for speed and I assumed that the GMail application ran off of that.

In like manner I've been using Opera Mini 5 Beta and it seems to "auto-sense" Wi-Fi (it seems faster) Opera Mini 4.2 and Bolt 1.5 require you to specifically check Wi-Fi under settings for this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD