Hey guys ...

I'm just wondering,, I'm gonna order a Storm 9550 unlocked from verizon and i live somewhere in Asia which there are no Blackberry storm's to get, so will there still be a problem with the Storm's Wifi? if so how could i fix it? because i read the solutions and they were "Call Verizon" or get an more expensive data plan,,, and something about resending service book which i didn't understood.

My main question is will i be able to receive emails and sending BBM's by using the Wifi in Asia or it will be the same problem with verizon customer's

any ideas/recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.
    10-30-09 06:27 PM
    It has to do with Verizon, not with the device. Verizon has disabled the WiFI unless you have a $45 data plan. Check the blogs
    10-30-09 06:32 PM
    It has to do with Verizon, not with the device. Verizon has disabled the WiFI unless you have a $45 data plan. Check the blogs
    its not disabled at all. I think you need to read the blogs. Its an issue that they have taken care of. You can now use wifi for everything except phone calls.
    10-30-09 06:42 PM
    its not disabled at all. I think you need to read the blogs. Its an issue that they have taken care of. You can now use wifi for everything except phone calls.
    My bad, I do see the update now. I never had the problem cause I'm on the BES plan

* Update - It seems that now at this point if you're suffering from this issue, simply resending the service books may fix it (without need to call in and change plans). Try that first before you spend anytime waiting on the phone! Dig into the forums at the links below for more details. *
    10-30-09 06:47 PM
    Hey guys ...

I'm just wondering,, I'm gonna order a Storm 9550 unlocked from verizon and i live somewhere in Asia which there are no Blackberry storm's to get, so will there still be a problem with the Storm's Wifi? if so how could i fix it? because i read the solutions and they were "Call Verizon" or get an more expensive data plan,,, and something about resending service book which i didn't understood.

My main question is will i be able to receive emails and sending BBM's by using the Wifi in Asia or it will be the same problem with verizon customer's

any ideas/recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.
    you might have to have a blackberry data plan on your service provider for you to have full function of wifi. I have an unlocked storm with an international sim card and my wifi was working in gsm mode before it worked in cdma mode.

both work fine now.
    10-30-09 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD