12-23-09 03:14 AM
254 ... 91011
tools
    Ok I am having the same problem. I have read every post on here but dont see an asnwer. My situation is abit unique.

1. I am overseas in an area with voice service only.
    2. I unlocked my 9550.
    3. The grey Icon / not connecting to BIS problem occured somtime after the unlock. Not sure if it is related.
    4. I have the BB shipped to me from the US. The global phone service was set up in the US. However, I set the WIFI and email up on the email while overseas.
    5. Its a verizon phone with verizon service.

I have looked at the Service Books and the all seem to be present.

I can't access the feature to resend books in email setup because I have no connection.

I dont have the abilty to do any updates over the cell phone network since I dont have date service.

I am on the $29 plan

The email worked great with the WIFI on my base for the first 24 hours. Now I cant connect. However, I can connect to the internet via browser.

ANY IDEAS? It will be 30 days before I return to the US.
    11-20-09 05:39 AM
    UPDATE on the above post. I tried to swith the service plan from 29 to 45 package. Turns out I had the 64 Global Data plan. I had done alot of service swithing between phones on my plan so that was not suppose to be the package. Anway, the vw site would not let me change the plan. So the plan change fix will not work for me either.

I am doing a security sweep now.

Tried to go to the BIS site and access my service but I get the cant access on HTML error.
    11-20-09 06:24 AM
    Ok,

So can any1 answer me this? if I have a "White" "WiFi" icon and none of my internet works, whats that caused by?
    12-23-09 03:09 AM
    Well if it happened today it's because RIM had another BIS service outage.
    12-23-09 03:14 AM
254 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD