I just cut the Curve from T-Mobile. I connected successfully to my Router (I use the router provided by Verizon with my Fios Services). Emails work fine, whenever I make a call it rings, once the person picks up they say hello then it disconnects. Same thing when someone calls me as soon As I pick it disconnects.

Any Suggestions, T-Mobile less the helpful...
    11-01-07 01:58 PM
    I just got Verizon and the same things is happening to me as well. Previous service was Comcast. Does anyone have a solution? I read this somewhere, does it apply?:

Routers

Something about my setup that you might want to know: I left the D-Link router in place, just as Verizon installed it. I don't, though, connect my computers directly to it, but instead use an additional router. I took my Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Broadband Router and unplugged the connection to the cable modem. (For now, the cable modem is switched to be connected to another router and provides open WiFi to guests in my home and serves as a backup.) I connected one of the LAN jacks on the D-Link not to a personal computer but rather to a cable that goes to the WAN jack of the Linksys (using the cable from the basement to the 3rd floor). I didn't need to make any changes to the Linksys settings: I have it request a DHCP address from the D-Link just as it did to Comcast through the cable modem. The D-Link uses IP addresses inside my house that start with 192.168.0.? and the Linksys uses 192.168.1.?, so I can easily get to the D-Link settings page from browsers running on PCs connected to the Linksys without any confusion or special settings. Since I already had a wireless router this saved me from needing to pay the extra money for one from Verizon or needing to locate the Verizon-provided router out of the basement in a more WiFi-friendly place. I also am not as concerned as some seem to be about Verizon having access to a router protecting my local network (if they recommend upgrades and you need to download new firmware with unknown capabilities) -- I have another router blocking things after it. I've seen with Verizon DSL that they like to "help" you with special software on your PC, etc., that may (or may not) be helpful to non-techies but I'd rather have more control myself over my configuration. I can always run a PC directly connected to the D-Link for diagnostic purposes if they need it. The D-Link connects by PPPoE and needs to be set up differently (it is similar to DSL setups, as I wrote before). Apparently, the back-to-back routers don't seem to slow things down much, since I'm getting the full speed they specify from Verizon.

I understand that some users disconnect the D-Link router (and save it -- it comes bundled with the installation) and connect their own router. For example, some people have Linksys units with wireless that they find to have stronger signals in their homes than the D-Link. Apparently using other routers (connecting using PPPoE) works. However, as I understand it, that practice is not officially supported by Verizon which claims to use special diagnostic software in the routers. (From their FAQ: "Your router also contains special diagnostic software that can help us trouble-shoot and correct problems should you experience trouble with your Internet Service. You will need to use the Verizon router with your FiOS Internet service.")
    11-26-07 11:52 AM
    Is your blue tooth on simultaneous with wifi calls. I get a ton of interference when both are on. Try turning-off the bluetooth.
    12-06-07 04:36 PM
    Bluetooth is off most of the time, I believe it is the Fios router and I am still working on fixing some bugs. I piggy backed another router and still have issues when I am close to the router. And lately (North NJ) I have been having problems connecting to UMA; it sees the router (at home, work, hotspots), but does not allow for a connection through UMA.

Luigi
    12-11-07 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD