My wifi sucks on my 9700. I have AT&T service, and I love the phone itself, but when connecting to wireless its hit and miss. I usually keep my mobile network set to 2G&3G and can connect to the wireless at the office no problem (wpa2-psk). However, when I am at home connecting to my crappy 2wire wireless, I have the hardest time establishing a wireless connection.

On the flip side, if I set my mobile network to only 2G coverage, my wireless connects to my home network about 90% of the time without any problems, unlike the maybe 15% I'd get before.

Anyone else out there see anything like this ??

Its a 9700 with the latest load from. AT&T.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 12:08 AM
    This will not help you but I have a linksys N router and it connects 100% of the time. Works like a charm. I had a 2wire before like you and got rid of it. Nothing but problems with that POS .

01-21-10 06:15 AM
    Change your router. I never have issues connecting to my dlink N router. I'm usually connected before I even get inside my house.

01-21-10 06:40 AM
    Why would you want to use 3G & WiFi @ the same time? That doesn't make sense since both are data & since you have AT&T, using WiFi really is useless unless you do not have a 3G signal. If you want to use WiFi, turn off your 3G. The fact that the two don't play well is a known issue. Like others have suggested, get a new router @ home for WiFi.

01-21-10 07:36 AM
    Why would you want to use 3G & WiFi @ the same time? That doesn't make sense since both are data & since you have AT&T, using WiFi really is useless unless you do not have a 3G signal. If you want to use WiFi, turn off your 3G. The fact that the two don't play well is a known issue. Like others have suggested, get a new router @ home for WiFi.

i connect to wi-fi with 3g connected all the time the battery lasts fine it makes no sense to have the hassle of shutting off 3g.
    01-21-10 07:52 AM
    Try connecting at another location and see if your problem is your router or internet connection. I set up my wifi for the first time last night and it worked just fine.
    01-21-10 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD