One of my relatives from Panama has come for a few weeks. He uses a BB Torch that's on the Digicel network in Panama. His bbapps such as email, bbm, etc were working fine. Since he was here and he's not very technically proficient, he asked if I could update his device for him.

I download bb desktop and updated his phone. Now none of his bbapps work. I've verified he has wifi connectivity but and can browse to websites but still no go.

I've tried using the SIM from my smart phone and put it in to his to attempt to update his service books but it doesn't work. I also tried to register his routing table but it doesn't appear to do anything.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    12-23-11 08:08 PM
    I would imagine that when you "updated", then device lost the Service Books.

And most likely since your friend's carrier is in Panama, he will need to wait to get to his own service area to regain the Service Books.
    12-23-11 08:21 PM
    Well the service books are still there as far as I can see, unless they need to be updated as well. (I'm a bit of a bb noob)

One other thing to note is that the phone is in SOS as well, even after selecting a network manually
    12-23-11 09:07 PM
    One other thing to note is that the phone is in SOS as well, even after selecting a network manually
    Is his phone unlocked? His phone won't latch onto another network if it's locked, nor jump on your service network when you put your SIM in.
    12-23-11 10:20 PM
    I believe it is unlocked, I'll have to confirm that with him.

The reason why I believe it's unlocked is because he's with Digicel/has a digicel sim but it flashes the logo of another company at boot.

It was also working fine on the hotel wifi here. I can't guarantee whether or not it ever worked on my home wifi though... Then I updated it and now it connects to wifi fine but all that works is the web browser..
    12-23-11 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD