i can easily connect to my home wifi, but when i get to school and try to connect to wifi there, it detects the wifi, but cant connect to it. can anyone tell me why it's doing this?
    10-20-10 04:49 PM
    Are you prompted to enter a Student name and password with the Connection manager?

Are there any security restriction on the connections?

Try a connection, when it fails use:

Connections / Wifi Options. Menu Wifi Diagnostic to view the status code reason for the failure.
    10-20-10 04:57 PM
    The above post is correct. On my school's WiFi, when you connect with your computer, it automatically opens your web browser and will ask you for student username and password. So when I connect my BlackBerry to my school's WiFi, it won't automatically open up the browser (I think that's impossible), and therefore, I can't connect. That's probably the same thing that's happening you.
    10-20-10 05:59 PM
    this is what i got. i cleared my cache and history and tried to reconnect to wifi.
    "failed to authenticate against the network"
    10-21-10 12:52 PM
    Posibility: schools Wi-Fi doesn't allow connection, or: you must set your browser-push option to on
    at the options of your BB. Browser-push is the option who opens the browser automaticly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 01:23 PM
    How do you switch it on? I think it is on, it says push content 47.9kb under cache operations

10-21-10 02:34 PM
    It sounds like it is a closed wifi system. It will not allow connection without account authentication.
    10-21-10 02:56 PM
    I find it in options (on desktop it looks like a wrench) next go to browser. There is some points named "browser push" check these squares on, start new and try another wifi connection
    10-21-10 03:37 PM
    I think I'm supposed to enter my student I.D. And pw, but it doesn't ask me to.

10-21-10 08:45 PM
    hi, I�vwe got a BB8520, when I try to connect the WiFi the symbol that appears in the screen of my phone is gray and It wont turn white. Can you help me with this ?Thanks
    01-24-11 01:28 PM
    In order to use Email, BBM, App World or most third party programs, your need to include BlackBerry Internet Service from your carrier.

When you have a Wifi connection you can use the Hotspot Browser for Internet access.

Call your carrier and verify the details of your account. Most carriers offer BIS with packaged data for $15-$30 month.
    ... ... ..
    01-26-11 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD