It seems sometimes this happened. My wife and I both have 8320s, we are on the same home wireless network. Up until 4-5 hours ago I was connected with UMA status. Now It says I am connected with a green check for the status but all I have is EDGE. She is 2 feet next to me right UMA.

Any thoughts on what could be happening? She is on 4.2.2.180 and I am on 4.5.0.46.

Maybe thats the issue?
    07-06-08 12:57 AM
    Turn off and then back on the wifi on your phone.
    07-06-08 01:07 AM
    Ive tried that numerous times, its not working. I woke up today and wifi is connected but I have EDGE and not UMA.
    07-06-08 10:28 AM
    Try a battery pull. Are you using a tmo supplied router (like the wrt54g-tm)?
    07-06-08 10:39 AM
    You could also try resetting the router.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 10:53 AM
    lol when all else fails do a battery pull. That fixed it, haha.

Sorry to bother you guys.
    07-06-08 10:54 AM
    If everything worked correctly in the past, you can rule out any router changes, your wife is not affected.

The obvious place to start is your WiFi Diagnostics. If there is an UMA failure, you will see an error message.

One thing that occures to me, have you recently restored your device?

There are some UMA specific files that do not restore correctly under some circumstances.

If that is the case, T-Mobile customer service can correct it for you.
    07-06-08 12:46 PM
    If everything worked correctly in the past, you can rule out any router changes, your wife is not affected.

The obvious place to start is your WiFi Diagnostics. If there is an UMA failure, you will see an error message.

One thing that occures to me, have you recently restored your device?

There are some UMA specific files that do not restore correctly under some circumstances.

If that is the case, T-Mobile customer service can correct it for you.
    Well if the router stopped giving out IP address then that would cause an issue. If the wife never lost her router connection then she wouldn't need a new IP. Hey a reboot never hurt anything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD