Anyone have success setting up WiFi to connect to a wireless network where the SSID is set to not broadcast?

I've tried several times to manually set up the network but it will not connect>

As soon as I set the network to broadcast the SSID I can connect without a problem.
    10-30-09 06:34 PM
    I was able to connect to a non broadcasted SSID. Went to Manage Connections, Set up Wi-Fi network, clicked next, Manually add Network, typed in name of network(SSID) then the type of security, I used pre-shared key(PSK) due to using WPA-personal, and viola it worked.
    10-30-09 08:55 PM
    i connected fine too. added ssid manually and used wpa password. auroconnects just fine too.
    10-30-09 09:31 PM
    Mine connects just fine, and reconnects when I come back home without an issue...
    10-30-09 11:14 PM
    Mine works fine
    10-31-09 01:55 AM
    Any luck on connecting to a non broadcast SSID? Manage connections>Wi-Fi Options. Highlight your saved wifi profile, then click the BB button>edit. Make sure the radio box for "SSID broadcasted" is unchecked. I had the same problem and this worked for me.
    10-31-09 05:37 AM
    Any luck on connecting to a non broadcast SSID? Manage connections>Wi-Fi Options. Highlight your saved wifi profile, then click the BB button>edit. Make sure the radio box for "SSID broadcasted" is unchecked. I had the same problem and this worked for me.
    Thanks - this worked...

(plus the fact that dumb a$$ me forgot to add the MAC address to the allowed addresses in the router.)
    10-31-09 10:30 AM
    You're welcome. I'm glad it helped.
    10-31-09 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD