Hello all,

I can't get my BB bold connected to my wifi router. I have done everyone possible and even took the security off router but still no joy.

Has anyone go any suggestions?
    08-01-09 06:54 AM
    What seems to be the problem? Go to Wifi setup... and choose scan for networks. Once you find your network, just enter your routers password key that you have setup... Very simple.
    08-01-09 07:13 AM
    What seems to be the problem? Go to Wifi setup... and choose scan for networks. Once you find your network, just enter your routers password key that you have setup... Very simple.
    Then just make sure you change your browser to "Hotspot Browser."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 07:47 AM
    Okay you would think "simple" is the operative word.

The only thing I didn’t do is change the browser to "Hotspot Browser." I read con-flicting advise about this.. Other says internet explorer is needed to be set.

Why would I need to set this to Hotspot Browser?
    08-01-09 08:23 AM
    I've never had to switch to "hotspot" browser manually. If there's an active wifi connection, my browser just shows the wifi symbol instead of the 3G symbol. Only time I've tried the manual change was attempting to connect to hot spots.

Sometimes when I have issues connecting to the wifi router, I do a real battery pull (not a three finger salute or QuickPull). I also have re-sent services books at times. Doesn't happen all that often, but between those two things, I've gotten wifi to work with any "home" type router. (HotSpots are a different beast - I have yet to have a successful connection to a hotspot that requires some sort of authentication (usually just a web page to accept terms and conditions, not a "paid" hot spot).)
    08-01-09 08:45 AM
    i just scanned for network, then selected my home network n entered the password.. n done. now whenever i come home the device go to wifi automatically, dont have to do anything..
    but yeah, in my university wifi i do d same thing, accept terms n without password i can connect too (thats a open network), but webpages dont open.. donno why..
    Last edited by admirer; 08-01-09 at 12:29 PM.
    08-01-09 12:26 PM
    i just scanned for network, then selected my home network n entered the password.. n done. now whenever i come home the device go to wifi automatically, dont have to do anything..
    but yeah, in my university wifi i do d same thing, accept terms n without password i can connect too (thats a open network), but webpages dont open.. donno why..
    Most likely that free connection is local access only meaning you cannot connect to the internet which is why its open and without a password. My university has that too... One in which you put your student number and password and one that you just connect to.
    08-01-09 05:02 PM
    This is a pain on the >@}~>?}@}

Why have a phone that will not allow you to use all the featues.

I called O2,I dont think they have ever seen a Blackberry, and trying to explain what the problem is is a NIGTHMARE.
    08-02-09 02:56 AM
    I dont know why its not working... Go to wifi setup, scan for networks, find yours, enter your password and done.
    08-02-09 05:35 PM
    Hmmm if you can see your router name but don't get WiFi try this...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/wif...ed-out-232912/
    Last edited by thejgeffect; 08-02-09 at 06:36 PM.
    08-02-09 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD